Windows 10: How to store files to computer and not to One Drive?

Discus and support How to store files to computer and not to One Drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It has happened again. All my work has vanished in the air. The reason? Everything is now stored in the cloud... but sometimes there is no connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Murmelona, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Murmelona Win User

How to store files to computer and not to One Drive?

It has happened again. All my work has vanished in the air. The reason? Everything is now stored in the cloud... but sometimes there is no connection to the cloud. I worked on a document, saved it, but now, connected to the world again, it is gone. Poof!

My new computer does not have the option to file on the hard disk. The path "This PC" points to OneDrive. Everything goes in and comes from the cloud. How do I change that? I want to be the master of my documents. I hate OneDrive with a passion because I have lost important work before. And it's not because I don't hit save, it is because sometimes the saved is filed into the nirvana. The only possibility is to have a secure path to the computer's hard disk. And then, when it's save to store to the cloud on purpose.

Thanks!

:)

Murmelona, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jan 23, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. How to store files to computer and not to One Drive? - Similar Threads - store files computer

2. How to recover one drive deleted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover one drive deleted files?: I had no ideea that MY DESKTOP was on One drive, since I think is a really dumb ideea to have that as default wthout a specific consent/confirmation and when I saw some of my files in the "One Drive" folder I deleted them, since I did not want them on "cloud", just on my...
  3. One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer: My files will be deleted from my computer but I don't want to lose my files. I need to keep them on my one drive but I must do this from my Samsung phone One Drive because I don't have access to my computer....
  4. One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer: My files will be deleted from my computer but I don't want to lose my files. I need to keep them on my one drive but I must do this from my Samsung phone One Drive because I don't have access to my computer....
  5. one drive files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one drive files: can i delete all One Drive files all at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-files/5e5353c7-bd7a-472f-b732-f6e6219a20a6
  6. One Drive and copying files to new computer

One Drive and copying files to new computer: My wife has an old computer with several hundred gigabytes of photos on her hard drive/OneDrive. I'm getting her a new computer. If I manually copy those photos over to the new computer hard drive/OneDrive in an identical location, will OneDrive realize that they are...
  7. One Drive files

One Drive files: When I try to move files or folders from One Drive to my hard drive, I get an error message saying an unexpected error is keeping me from copying the folder. Error 0x80004005. Same thing when I try to delete. Availability status: Sync pending. Also, if I try to move a...
  8. Files in one drive

Files in one drive: I can see all of my onedrive files on my PC. However, when I log into the site on my PC I cannot see the files. I can see them when I log into ONEDIVE on my MAC. How can I fix this...
  9. One Drive files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One Drive files: Computers on my network can access my one drive files. I am the ED everyone does not need all of my documents. We want to share printers and QB, but not all of my document files...
  10. Why is One Drive downloading files to my computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is One Drive downloading files to my computers?: I thought one uploads some files to their One Drive and then they can be accessed via other computers that they login into, why in the heck is One Drive downloading the files to each of my computers, we are talking 14GB of music I uploaded, it is taking forever and it is...