Windows 10: How to stretch display to screen?

Discus and support How to stretch display to screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have a Dell Laptop and the recommended display is 3840x2160 and a scale of 300% Now this is a problem when I dock my laptop. So I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GoodmanSimon, Aug 22, 2020.

1. How to stretch display to screen?

/u/GoodmanSimon, Aug 22, 2020

2. display screen stretched

My display screen suddenly stretched without my doing anything. All apps are now stretched, what was circular is now oval.

RomanParhad, Aug 22, 2020
  3. JohnL1981 Win User
    screen display is horizontally stretched and distorted

I tried Koachs solution on my display adapter -

an ATI Radeon HD 4200 - but it didn't work.

My screen was fine until the Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1709 started last week. The screen went blank for a second and then came back stretched. The update failed initially, but was finally successful, although painfully slow, the next day.
    However, the screen was still stretched.

I checked for updated drivers, but there were none. Then I tried Koach's solution of Roll Back driver, but still no luck.

Any other suggestions? Is my display adapter now too old to be compatible with this latest update of Windows 10?

JohnL1981, Aug 22, 2020
  4. How to stretch display to screen?

display stretched after windows update

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that after an Update, your Display is larger and stretched. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know the make and the model of your PC.

Also, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed

• Under Resolution, try changing the resolution settings

Method 2:

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

1. Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Display Adaptor”.

3. Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

Try installing latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps. If Windows 10 display driver is not available in the manufacturer website, I suggest you to install the driver in compatibility
    mode.

To install the display driver in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

a. Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps.

Reply us with the status of the issue.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

How to stretch display to screen?

1. How to stretch display to screen? - Similar Threads - stretch display screen

2. How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?: Iv'e had this usue in safe mode please help me fix thisI've tried all common steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-a-stretched-screen-display-issue-in/f95506b0-d956-4779-b09b-30ff8bd41261
  3. How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?: Iv'e had this usue in safe mode please help me fix thisI've tried all common steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-a-stretched-screen-display-issue-in/f95506b0-d956-4779-b09b-30ff8bd41261
  4. How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stretched screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stretched screen: Hi.I have two monitors connected to one laptop via DP. In DP connected dock station. And two monitors connected to dock station via HDMI.One monitor is 24" and other 22". Both have rezolution 1920x1080 native. I have ionstalled drivers for each monitor. Installed Windows...
  6. Stretched screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stretched screen: Hi.I have two monitors connected to one laptop via DP. In DP connected dock station. And two monitors connected to dock station via HDMI.One monitor is 24" and other 22". Both have rezolution 1920x1080 native. I have ionstalled drivers for each monitor. Installed Windows...
  7. Stretched ultrawide display

Stretched ultrawide display: I recently obtained an ultrawide monitor 2850x1080 amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/LG-29WN600-W-29-21-UltraWide/dp/B0876DBCBX/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=ultrawide+monitor&qid=1612304860&sr=8-4 for x-mas, plugging the monitor into my trusty Xps-13 works great, but when I...
  8. Stretching monitor display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stretching monitor display: I am wondering if there is anyway to stretch my display of my monitor out. I have tried every resolution setting and that just changes the aspect ratio. Is there any possible way to just kind of stretch my display out a bit?...
  9. Display seems stretched

Display seems stretched: Windows 10....ran a "cleaner repair software fix" yesterday and now everything on my display looks stretched. I have tried updating the drivers and changing the resolution under Display settings to no avail....
  10. stretched screen

stretched screen: Why i can't fix my "stretched screen" on windows 10. This happens after i updated on windows pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stretched-screen/932d2e69-4721-4e27-8406-1c96c686a70b