Windows 10: How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown?

Discus and support How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a non PNP driver, it’s a kernel service not for a hardware device. I know it needs INF file to submit the WHQL, but it hard for me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kanliu1, Dec 6, 2018.

1. kanliu1 Win User

How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown?

Hello,

I have a non PNP driver, it’s a kernel service not for a hardware device. I know it needs INF file to submit the WHQL, but it hard for me to find a proper “class” for my driver, how can I specify the “Class” and “ClassGuid” in the INF file for the driver? Can I use “Class=unknown”?

Thanks,

Mark

:)

kanliu1, Dec 6, 2018
  2. stormy13 Win User

Best WHQL AMD Crimson Driver?

Hotfix drivers will contain either or both game or bug fixes without having gone through the WHQL process.

As far as WHQL goes to many get hung up on whether the driver is or not. There are also quite a few that believe that Microsoft does extensive testing on drivers in order for them to be WHQL. That couldn't be further from the truth. In order for a driver to be called WHQL it is up to the hardware manufacture to use this,

Windows HLK downloads - Windows Hardware Dev Center

and do the testing themselves, and the submit the log(s) to Microsoft for verification.

Some also confuse WHQL with a driver being digitally signed. A driver can be both non-WHQL and digitally signed,

What is a signed driver?

stormy13, Dec 6, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    NVIDIA ForceWare 174.74 WHQL Released

That means nVidia only submitted this for WHQL testing on those GPUs. Which is why those are the only GPUs supported by the WHQL version. This driver is identical to the Beta version, it is just WHQL certified for those GPUs.

newtekie1, Dec 6, 2018
  4. How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown?

Best WHQL AMD Crimson Driver?

Thanks, I usually just download the main driver and have had no problems at all. Just wondered what Hot Fix meant.

stealth2920, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown?

1. How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown? - Similar Threads - submit Non PNP

2. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-pnp-watchdog/e6588141-5f11-4ec0-ad10-c217adcbe3c0
  3. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-pnp-watchdog/e6588141-5f11-4ec0-ad10-c217adcbe3c0
  4. Submitted file password is non-standard, please submit a file with password 'infected'

Submitted file password is non-standard, please submit a file with password 'infected': When installing a program developed by us, a SMART SCREEN from WINDOW DEFENDER appears. Since our program is free of MALWARE and VIRUS, we requested Microsoft to analyze the setup file exe of our program for malware in order to disable the SMART SCREEN. The analysis showed no...
  5. Submitted file password is non-standard, please submit a file with password 'infected'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Submitted file password is non-standard, please submit a file with password 'infected': When installing a program developed by us, a SMART SCREEN from WINDOW DEFENDER appears. Since our program is free of MALWARE and VIRUS, we requested Microsoft to analyze the setup file exe of our program for malware in order to disable the SMART SCREEN. The analysis showed no...
  6. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...
  7. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...
  8. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

9. We're being forced to use Generic Non PNP Monitor Drivers

We're being forced to use Generic Non PNP Monitor Drivers: So about two months ago my sound bar stops working on my Dell 1905FP monitor. I also noticed my monitor starting to flicker here and there at times. It's an older model but has some awesome features.. Anyways , thinking that the sound bar finally gave up after x amount of...
  10. Unknown PNP device?

Unknown PNP device?: I know my system is getting older. It's a Toshiba C55D-A5372. Just a few months ago I ran into an issue with my video not working. Took a week but I managed to force an upgrade to the Radeon 8330. Today I ran into an issue with an old lan driver. While trying to get this one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whql non-pnp driver

2. non-pnp driver tutorial

3. non-pnp device driver classs

4. non pnp driver to sbmit the whql