Windows 10: How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown?

Discus and support How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a non PNP driver, it’s a kernel service not for a hardware device. I know it needs INF file to submit the WHQL, but it hard for me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kanliu1, Dec 6, 2018.

1. kanliu1 Win User

How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown?

Hello,

I have a non PNP driver, it’s a kernel service not for a hardware device. I know it needs INF file to submit the WHQL, but it hard for me to find a proper “class” for my driver, how can I specify the “Class” and “ClassGuid” in the INF file for the driver? Can I use “Class=unknown”?

Thanks,

Mark

:)

kanliu1, Dec 6, 2018
  2. stormy13 Win User

Best WHQL AMD Crimson Driver?

Hotfix drivers will contain either or both game or bug fixes without having gone through the WHQL process.

As far as WHQL goes to many get hung up on whether the driver is or not. There are also quite a few that believe that Microsoft does extensive testing on drivers in order for them to be WHQL. That couldn't be further from the truth. In order for a driver to be called WHQL it is up to the hardware manufacture to use this,

Windows HLK downloads - Windows Hardware Dev Center

and do the testing themselves, and the submit the log(s) to Microsoft for verification.

Some also confuse WHQL with a driver being digitally signed. A driver can be both non-WHQL and digitally signed,

What is a signed driver?

stormy13, Dec 6, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    NVIDIA ForceWare 174.74 WHQL Released

That means nVidia only submitted this for WHQL testing on those GPUs. Which is why those are the only GPUs supported by the WHQL version. This driver is identical to the Beta version, it is just WHQL certified for those GPUs.

newtekie1, Dec 6, 2018
  4. How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown?

Best WHQL AMD Crimson Driver?

Thanks, I usually just download the main driver and have had no problems at all. Just wondered what Hot Fix meant.

stealth2920, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown?

1. How to submit a Non PNP driver for WHQL that the class is unknown? - Similar Threads - submit Non PNP

2. Unbootable BSOD: Driver PNP watchdog

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unbootable BSOD: Driver PNP watchdog: Hey Everyone, I've been handed a clients device which is currently displaying a BSOD error and Is completely unable to boot; (into both Normal windows or Safe mode) I tried using a Windows Recovery USB... also unable to boot into and displays the same error. So far the...
  3. How to submit file to Defender for evaluation?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to submit file to Defender for evaluation?: I have an app from a trusted source that defender has quartered as a threat. To be on the safe side I have submitted the file to several AV sites for evaluation and they are all reporting the file as safe. Is there a way to submit the file to Defender to have it evaluated as...
  4. Unknown PNP device?

Unknown PNP device?: I know my system is getting older. It's a Toshiba C55D-A5372. Just a few months ago I ran into an issue with my video not working. Took a week but I managed to force an upgrade to the Radeon 8330. Today I ran into an issue with an old lan driver. While trying to get this one...
  5. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: Hi I'm currently running Windows 10, version 1709 and I've being trying to install Windows 10, version 1803 two times. All attempts end with Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG during one of the restarts. In fact the update appears to work normally until around 43%, then it...
  6. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG error at 43%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG error at 43%: I'm having this error message when updating to the April Update. I've already seen some threads about it and it seems hard to fix, so I would like some assistance. I saw in other threads that some people asked for these files when trying to help so here they are:...
  7. Driver pnp watchdog

Driver pnp watchdog: Update 1803 has failed three times. The stop code is DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG. This information appears to be undocumented and totally useless, but it is apparently a problem that people everywhere are having and failing to fix. I have a gracious plenty of codes that have no...
  8. Best WHQL AMD Crimson Driver?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best WHQL AMD Crimson Driver?: I just updated to Windows 10 which has installed Radeon Crimson driver v15.11. However, the Radeon Settings Utility finds WHQL driver 16.3.2. There is also the non-WHQL Crimson v6.6.1 Hotfix driver on AMD's web site which I had problems with in Windows 8.1. Have people...
  9. Generic Non PnP Monitor problem with AMD Eyefinity

Generic Non PnP Monitor problem with AMD Eyefinity: Hello guys, I have 3 monitors which have same resolution of 1280x1024. 2 of them detected the model and the other one detected with "Generic Non PnP Monitor". If i manage to combine the three monitors, it supposed to be 3840x1024 resolution. But, the generic non PnP monitor...
  10. GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL - Seems Unstable?

GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL - Seems Unstable?: I have an older PC running Windows 10 winver 1511. I couldn't do the November 2015 update from the previous version of Windows 10, so I did a clean install. All worked out okay, just had to mess around with Creative Labs to finally get the audio drivers working properly. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. non pnp driver to sbmit the whql