Windows 10: How to submit actionable game performance feedback

Discus and support How to submit actionable game performance feedback in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, Thank you to everyone who has been submitting feedback to us through the Feedback Hub app. Your feedback is valuable to us, however, please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sebastian[MSFT], Aug 31, 2020.

1. How to submit actionable game performance feedback

Hello,

Thank you to everyone who has been submitting feedback to us through the Feedback Hub app. Your feedback is valuable to us, however, please be sure to explain specific details and capture a recording of the problem you are seeing so we have enough information to act.

If you have previously submitted feedback and it was linked to this thread, please re-submit your feedback with a performance capture of the problem you are reporting.

How to collect a performance capture:

1. Close all unnecessary applications e.g. Internet browsers, media players, etc.
    2. Open your game, along with any other applications or utilities required to reproduce the problem. Confirm you can reproduce the problem and keep your game open for the next steps.
    3. Open Feedback Hub and report a new problem in the "Gaming and Xbox\Game Performance and Compatibility" category, or simply via http://aka.ms/submitgameperformancefeedback
    4. Under the "Attachments optional\Recreate my problem" tab, deselect "Include screenshots of each step" and select “Include data about” with the default value. Screenshots may cause stutter while recording, leading to false positives in the performance capture.
      How to submit actionable game performance feedback 3ffe4c88-18ff-4b21-a67a-69d2bc16928a?upload=true.png
    5. Click "Start recording" and then switch i.e. alt-tab to your game to reproduce the problem for 10-15 seconds.
    6. Quickly switch i.e. alt-tab to Feedback Hub and click "Stop recording". The capture will contain only the last ~20 seconds of the recorded period, so make sure to stop recording within a few seconds after you have reproduced the problem.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

The Windows team

:)

Sebastian[MSFT], Aug 31, 2020

2. How to submit product suggestions or feedback

There are also other ways to submit feedback to Microsoft, some of which are more direct.

Fuller details can be found in:

MS Suggestion box sites at "uservoice.com"

and its companion:

Send Feedback to MS Developers,

however I also suggest using either the Feedback Hub or Uservoice
    as per the latter article.

For those who want a quick fix, here is some info distilled from the above articles:

Feedback Hub (windows 10 only):

Search for and open the Feedback Hub:

Uservoice:

but there are many more listed at the first site if none of the above match your issue.

Trust this helps some people.

Mark A Walters, Aug 31, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Poor performance in ALL of my games.

We appreciate your response. Given the information you have posted, we suggest that you submit a feedback to report this issue through our Feedback Hub to help improve Windows. To use the Feedback Hub, kindly follow the steps below:

• Search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem button, share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted. (It may take a while to appear.)
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • If you also posted in a forum thread, you can click Copy link, and paste the link in your response. (It will look like Redirection Tools<unique link>)

Thank you.

John Vil, Aug 31, 2020
  4. How to submit actionable game performance feedback

How can I detect the last action made in File Explorer?

If you accidentally move a file, you can undo the action by pressing CTRL + Z. When you've rebooted your PC or you've closed the File Explorer, the undo action will no longer cancel or reverse the action.

Keeping track of the File Explorer history would be a great recommendation. To add this feature on the upcoming updates, we encourage you to submit your comments and suggestion on our Windows Feedback hub. Your feedback will help us improve our ability to serve
    you and other users of Windows.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• Open Feedback Hub.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • If possible, reproduce the problem after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form, and click
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback, then find the items you submitted.
    • Open the items you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link in your response.

Regards.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

How to submit actionable game performance feedback

1. How to submit actionable game performance feedback - Similar Threads - submit actionable game

2. Not received Feedback Phenom sticker in Feedback Hub despite Submitting 84 feedbacks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not received Feedback Phenom sticker in Feedback Hub despite Submitting 84 feedbacks: Respected Sir/Mam, I have not received any feedback phenom sticker which comes after 50 feedbacks despite submitting 84 feedbacks. I think that there might be any problem. Kindly suggest me the necessary solution. All the details are enclosed herewith along with the...
  3. Not received Feedback Phenom sticker in Feedback Hub despite Submitting 84 feedbacks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not received Feedback Phenom sticker in Feedback Hub despite Submitting 84 feedbacks: Respected Sir/Mam, I have not received any feedback phenom sticker which comes after 50 feedbacks despite submitting 84 feedbacks. I think that there might be any problem. Kindly suggest me the necessary solution. All the details are enclosed herewith along with the...
  4. permission is required to perform this action system32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    permission is required to perform this action system32: Hello. I was today launching my game when error popped up that i need a vcruntime140, vcruntime140.1 dlls. So i runned on internet to download them and to paste them into system32. I went to do that but when i tried to post it into system32 error occured that permission is...
  5. You need permission to perform this action.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You need permission to perform this action.: My hard drive is bugged to where it thinks that I am not an administrator and that I don't have permission to modify my hard drive. Every time I try to download or update a game, or modify and delete a file, it says I don't have permission to perform this action. On steam it...
  6. How to increase gaming performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to increase gaming performance: Sir I'm using windows 10 with core i3 7th generation 8gb ram and 2.4ghz speed and 2 gb nvidia mx110 graphics card i need suggestions to how to improve gaming performance of my laptop...
  7. How To Submit Ideas For Game Re releases On Microsoft

How To Submit Ideas For Game Re releases On Microsoft: Hello, So I have three PC games from my childhood that I would personally love for Microsoft to re release on Steam or Windows Store. These three games are: The Neverhood (1996) The Simpsons Hit & Run (2003) Sim Theme Park/Theme Park World (1999) Is there a current...
  8. "you need permission to perform this action" for several actions?

"you need permission to perform this action" for several actions?: I frequently get the error message "you need permission to perform this action". Most recently, trying to copy a file from a notebook networked drive to my desktop computer. I'm the only person using my computers and network. Of course, I have administrator privileges. How...
  9. You need permission to perform this action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You need permission to perform this action: New Dell XPS-8900 running Win10. I created a Homegroup on the 8900 and joined the Homegroup with my Win8.1 laptop. When I try to copy a file from the laptop to the 8900 (or from the 8900 to the laptop) I get this error: ..... You need permission to perform this action....
  10. PSA: Please submit feedback to Microsoft in the Feedback app

in Windows 10 Support
    PSA: Please submit feedback to Microsoft in the Feedback app: Just a reminder: it's great to post on this forum, but please submit problems to the Windows Feedback app, too. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html Even better, do a quick search and upvote someone else's feedback. To Microsoft, if it doesn't gain...