Windows 10: How to submit file to Defender for evaluation?

Discus and support How to submit file to Defender for evaluation? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an app from a trusted source that defender has quartered as a threat. To be on the safe side I have submitted the file to several AV sites for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SmokieT, Oct 18, 2018.

1. SmokieT Win User

How to submit file to Defender for evaluation?

I have an app from a trusted source that defender has quartered as a threat. To be on the safe side I have submitted the file to several AV sites for evaluation and they are all reporting the file as safe. Is there a way to submit the file to Defender to have it evaluated as well.

:)

SmokieT, Oct 18, 2018

2. Submitting VBIOS to database using GPU-Z

Maybe a stupid question, but:
    How do I submit a VBIOS to the database using GPU-Z?

The database's page says that GPU-Z can be used to submit BIOSes, but I haven't been able to find that option in GPU-Z.

Thanks,
    .NetRolller 3D

Oh, and also, I suggest reporting VBIOS build date instead of card release date - IMO it is a much more important piece of information.

EDIT: Found the option, but GPU-Z claims that the BIOS is already in the database. On the database page, though, only an older BIOS is listed for Quadro FX 770M.
    The BIOS file is attached.

.NetRolller 3D, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Jonny_doe Win User
    Submit a bios error

I got a His HD4870 turbo bios (which isn't in the bios list ) , it runs at 780/1000 , so i thought people might like to share it , but when i go to GPU-Z and try to submit a bios , it always fails , saying that it's ready there (this happened with my last card aswell HD3870 ) , but it's not in the list

Why is this ???? I have submitted it manually but it still hasn't been added to the list ...

Jonny_doe, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Magno Win User

Windows defender and Chrome preferences submit

Hi all!

I don't know why but my Windows Defender insists to submit a file named Preferences located normally at C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default at every login, reboot, and time to time...

Of course I deny it. Why on Earth should I submit my Chrome preference config file to Microsoft? The WD don't catch any threat anyway and its behavior seems to suspicious and boring.

Any clue?

Magno, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. How to submit file to Defender for evaluation? - Similar Threads - submit file Defender

2. How to submit multiple files for malware analysis 100+

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to submit multiple files for malware analysis 100+: I work for a software company, we have tons of .exe files from all our releases since 20 more years. All our .exes triggers the Windows defender SmartScreen which annoys our customers.We can't find a way to submit multiple files for analysis, only one per one... Is there a...
  3. How to submit multiple files for malware analysis 100+

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to submit multiple files for malware analysis 100+: I work for a software company, we have tons of .exe files from all our releases since 20 more years. All our .exes triggers the Windows defender SmartScreen which annoys our customers.We can't find a way to submit multiple files for analysis, only one per one... Is there a...
  4. Submitted file password is non-standard, please submit a file with password 'infected'

Submitted file password is non-standard, please submit a file with password 'infected': When installing a program developed by us, a SMART SCREEN from WINDOW DEFENDER appears. Since our program is free of MALWARE and VIRUS, we requested Microsoft to analyze the setup file exe of our program for malware in order to disable the SMART SCREEN. The analysis showed no...
  5. Submitted file password is non-standard, please submit a file with password 'infected'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Submitted file password is non-standard, please submit a file with password 'infected': When installing a program developed by us, a SMART SCREEN from WINDOW DEFENDER appears. Since our program is free of MALWARE and VIRUS, we requested Microsoft to analyze the setup file exe of our program for malware in order to disable the SMART SCREEN. The analysis showed no...
  6. How to submit a file over 500Mb to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to submit a file over 500Mb to...: ... the following link?Submit a file for malware analysis - Microsoft Security IntelligenceI need a file to be white-listed, as Windows Defender Firewall is flagging it incorrectly. Except it's impossible to send the file, due to the 500mb filesize limit.What's the...
  7. How to submit a file over 500Mb to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to submit a file over 500Mb to...: ... the following link?Submit a file for malware analysis - Microsoft Security Intelligence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-submit-a-file-over-500mb-to/f2332070-2d4e-40a5-85fc-8ce38fbd3dab
  8. How to submit a file over 500Mb to...

How to submit a file over 500Mb to...: ... the following link?Submit a file for malware analysis - Microsoft Security Intelligence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-submit-a-file-over-500mb-to/f2332070-2d4e-40a5-85fc-8ce38fbd3dab
  9. Memory.dmp File Evaluation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory.dmp File Evaluation: My Windows 10 computer will not boot. It goes straight to BSOD with an error "stop code: critical process died". Tried all of the system restore points and system recovery options. No go. Also tried the computer reset option. It says "There was a problem resetting your...
  10. Windows defender and Chrome preferences submit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender and Chrome preferences submit: Hi all! I don't know why but my Windows Defender insists to submit a file named Preferences located normally at C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default at every login, reboot, and time to time... Of course I deny it. Why on Earth should I...