Windows 10: How to switch accounts

Discus and support How to switch accounts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to go to my old account because that, s what one of my app purchases was made but I just can, t seem to remember how to switch can you help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeRodak1, Aug 7, 2020.

1. How to switch accounts

I need to go to my old account because that, s what one of my app purchases was made but I just can, t seem to remember how to switch can you help me since I only get ms virtual to rescue me right!!!

:)

GeorgeRodak1, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Aug 7, 2020
  4. How to switch accounts

Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10  

Which type of user account would you suggest to accomplish what I'm trying to do? I tried to set one up, but although it was listed, I didn't see how to switch to it?

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

How to switch accounts

1. How to switch accounts - Similar Threads - switch accounts

2. Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.: I recently bought a game and when I try to sign in, it states that I need to enter my window hello pin which I don't have. I tried going to my settings to change my PIN, but it led me to my old Microsoft account that I still want. I can't figure out how to change my account...
  3. Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.: I recently bought a game and when I try to sign in, it states that I need to enter my window hello pin which I don't have. I tried going to my settings to change my PIN, but it led me to my old Microsoft account that I still want. I can't figure out how to change my account...
  4. Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...: I finally upgraded to windows 10 from window 7. Was extremely disappointed with how my old computer ran under windows 10. I was told that I needed to buy a solid state SSD if I wanted to get my speed back. Microcenter made that recommendation.Have been playing with tweaks to...
  5. Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...: I finally upgraded to windows 10 from window 7. Was extremely disappointed with how my old computer ran under windows 10. I was told that I needed to buy a solid state SSD if I wanted to get my speed back. Microcenter made that recommendation.Have been playing with tweaks to...
  6. Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...

7. Can't switch accounts on windows right now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch accounts on windows right now: I have 2 accounts associated to my pc, my main account and a school/college account. I would sometimes have my college account come in as the active one but I could always switch it back to my main account with no problems. Now for some reason my school account is the one...
  8. Can't switch accounts on windows right now

Can't switch accounts on windows right now: I have 2 accounts associated to my pc, my main account and a school/college account. I would sometimes have my college account come in as the active one but I could always switch it back to my main account with no problems. Now for some reason my school account is the one...
  9. Can't switch accounts on windows right now

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account: I need to remotely access one of my desktops from another using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. For ease of use, I need the remote desktop to just boot straight up without pins or passwords mainly because I have no monitor connected to it full-time.I came across a...