Windows 10: How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ?

Discus and support How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have an HP Pavillion laptop (15-cd099nia) with primary AMD Radeon R7 Graphics Chipset and linked AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M340 Graphics Chipset.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MohammadHoseinn, Nov 11, 2018.

1. How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ?

Hello,

I have an HP Pavillion laptop (15-cd099nia) with primary AMD Radeon R7 Graphics Chipset and linked AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M340 Graphics Chipset. you can see in these Images :

How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ? 66ca04ae-4667-4634-bf18-8ede5071ca17?upload=true.jpg How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ? c5853260-aef1-44c5-b096-f52e2679f403?upload=true.jpg How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ? ff0cdbae-e1c7-4a5e-ab9b-277e1a974cca?upload=true.jpg

I use windows 10 and I have chosen the high performance in the AMD panel for my games:

How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ? dcfb91b6-b80b-4483-8db4-979f526104f9?upload=true.jpg How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ? 4d4011e3-66cf-4919-89a7-1f144de9818d?upload=true.jpg

but its still trying to run the game on the primary graphics chipset as you can see :

How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ? 7d2d2e8d-d4ed-439c-93b8-96d764b4fa1f?upload=true.jpg

I also checked all options in crossfire menu, and also tried to disable dual graphics in the panel, and also tried to disable primary graphics cards driver, none of them didn't change results. can anyone help me ?

:)

MohammadHoseinn, Nov 11, 2018

2. how to switch graphic card from intel to amd radeon in gtav

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

I suggest you to refer the steps below to switch between the graphic drivers.

a. Press Windows + X.

b. Select device manager.

c. Click on Display adaptors
    and expand.

d. Here you can switch the graphic drivers by disabling the driver.

e. Right click on the Intel driver
    and disable it to switch to AMD driver.

Now follow the steps to check which graphic driver is used in the system.

1. Press Windows + r.

2. Type dxdiag.

3. Then under display, Check the name of the graphic driver.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Suvarna Govinda, Nov 11, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 11, 2018
  4. How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ?

AMD graphic driver not working

Hi Kamal,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

The error message you are getting is probably due to some corruption in the Display driver files. I suggest you to try the steps provided in the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

We recommend you to download the drivers from the section manually select drivers, from this link :

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Go to the link under the section Manually select drivers put the graphics card information and select the Windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit .

Now uninstall the currently installed AMD card drivers an install the downloaded one.

Method 1 : Uninstall and reinstall the drivers from manufacturers website.

Sometimes even though the drivers are up to date there might be a some bugs/corruption with the drivers.

Step 1:

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

1. “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ?

1. How to switch AMD Dual Graphics ? - Similar Threads - switch AMD Dual

2. how to change a amd graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change a amd graphics card: so there is 2 graphics card in my laptop one is AMD Radeon TM and the other is Radeon RX 5500Mso my problem is i cant find the thing called the gpu workload option in the amd graphics software adrenaline editionso someone pls help me wiht this missin GPU workload option...
  3. how to change a amd graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change a amd graphics card: so there is 2 graphics card in my laptop one is AMD Radeon TM and the other is Radeon RX 5500Mso my problem is i cant find the thing called the gpu workload option in the amd graphics software adrenaline editionso someone pls help me wiht this missin GPU workload option...
  4. AMD Graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Graphics: Do I need AMD Graphics? I dont do gaming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-graphics/80cb1aeb-c457-4ed7-9a76-a0773c5d0144
  5. AMD Graphics Driver

AMD Graphics Driver: I updated my drivers through AVG driver update. I am now getting a message that I do not have an AMD graphics driver installed and the computer screen is showing graphics properly. Where do I get the driver and how do I install it?...
  6. AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?: Hi, I just upgraded my AMD Graphics driver on my notebook which has AMD Switchable (dual) Graphics. The new GUI application is completely different, I can't seem to find where can I assign which GPU is to run the given application? This is a notebook and I don't game a...
  7. AMD graphics driver

AMD graphics driver: Sir, After updating the windows 10 , a message popped on the screen that no AMD Graphics driver is installed....help me out to resolve the said problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-graphics-driver/29b087f0-765b-4609-b18f-3b705e3e50c2
  8. AMD Graphics Not Switching to (Switchable/Discrete Graphics) Just (Primary/Integrated)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Graphics Not Switching to (Switchable/Discrete Graphics) Just (Primary/Integrated): Hello everyone I have this problem for about 2 years now, I am trying to switch from AMD Radeon (TM) 520 [Discrete/Switchable Graphics] because it is more powerful than my AMD Radeon R4 [Primary/Integrated Graphics] When I try go to Switchable graphics section in the AMD...
  9. DUAL Graphics card switching help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DUAL Graphics card switching help: hello guys, i have intel built in graphics and recently i have installed amd RX 570, now my question is i dont have HDMI port on my monitor, can i use motherboard vga port for display output ? is there any way to get rx 570 perfomance on built vga port ? 130155
  10. AMD graphics stucks

AMD graphics stucks: After installing AMD E2 graphics driver version.24.20.11016.4 and Radeon software 18.5.1 my laptop graphics are not working smoothly. It gets stuck, though I also do not have option rolling back driver. OS- win 10 1803 Laptop- Dell inspiron 3555...