Windows 10: How to switch device for my account

Discus and support How to switch device for my account in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We set up Microsoft family safety to monitor my son's computer use but when I was setting up, I used his computer to open our family account. Now when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CherylStinchcomb, Apr 17, 2021.

1. How to switch device for my account

We set up Microsoft family safety to monitor my son's computer use but when I was setting up, I used his computer to open our family account. Now when I add him as a member, it takes me to a completely different log-in on the same computer.

How do I switch over my parent account to my computer and move his computer to his member account? Please if possible, give step by step instructions.

:)

CherylStinchcomb, Apr 17, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 17, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

How to switch device for my account

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

How to switch device for my account

1. How to switch device for my account - Similar Threads - switch device account

2. How can I switch my Account pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I switch my Account pin?: Hello i've been trying to log in to an application on my Windows Device Windows 11 The account I'm trying to log into the application isn't Registered to my Windows device. When trying to switch accounts It tells me to put in my info as normal but then it asks me for a pin,...
  3. How can I switch my Account pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I switch my Account pin?: Hello i've been trying to log in to an application on my Windows Device Windows 11 The account I'm trying to log into the application isn't Registered to my Windows device. When trying to switch accounts It tells me to put in my info as normal but then it asks me for a pin,...
  4. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  5. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  6. How to Switch to Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Switch to Microsoft Account?: HiPlease , how to change my login from User To hot email account ?Windows 10 .Thanks[Original Title: account] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-to-microsoft-account/54480077-8d45-4b09-a1fa-fab6477ee65d
  7. How to Switch to Microsoft Account?

How to Switch to Microsoft Account?: HiPlease , how to change my login from User To hot email account ?Windows 10 .Thanks[Original Title: account] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-to-microsoft-account/54480077-8d45-4b09-a1fa-fab6477ee65d
  8. How to Switch to Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to switch accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to switch accounts: I need to go to my old account because that, s what one of my app purchases was made but I just can, t seem to remember how to switch can you help me since I only get ms virtual to rescue me right!!!...
  10. How to switch Keys on devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to switch Keys on devices: My old device has a windows10 Pro key and my new device has windows home. Would I be able to switch these 2? or am I stuck with windows home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-keys-on-devices/6694055a-8b4c-4889-8011-650caa36ab9d"