Windows 10: How To switch display modes ?

Discus and support How To switch display modes ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; With the new version of Macrium 7.2, I'm now able via M.R. rescue boot, access my NAS box where all of the Tablets MR images reside. However when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by storageman, Nov 2, 2018.

1. How To switch display modes ?

With the new version of Macrium 7.2, I'm now able via M.R. rescue boot, access my NAS box where all of the Tablets MR images reside. However when booting from the rescue media, it goes straight to "Tablet Mode". Note that my tablet (ASUS Transformer) come with a detachable key board which you can run in "Desktop Mode" or use it as a tablet, by detaching the unit from the keyboard.

Since I have to search for my NAS device and have to log in to it, I noticed that there is NO keyboard to enter the login info in "Tablet Mode". Trying to use it to navigate via "Desktop Mode" while the device is in "Tablet mode" is near impossible to position the cursor to the correct fields. I have done it, but its painful since the touchpad is 90 degrees off from where the cursor moves on the screen.

So I'm looking for a possible solution. The rescue RE boot has a command window, but does anybody know of a command to change the devices "Mode" ?, or does anybody know how to build a new RE boot disk where it uses only "Desktop Mode" ? Or any othere kind of solution you can think of.

Thanks for your help.

*Doh

:)

storageman, Nov 2, 2018

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Nov 2, 2018
  3. Apps stop updating the display after switching to tablet mode

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with apps stop updating the display after switching to tablet mode.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

There is a possibility, that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt display drivers on the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

You may also refer to the following website below to download the drivers for the Graphics card.

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops.

Note: The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Nov 2, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

How To switch display modes ?

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Nov 2, 2018
Thema:

How To switch display modes ?

1. How To switch display modes ? - Similar Threads - switch display modes

2. How to switch display on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch display on welcome screen: Hello,Is there a way to cycle through connected displays before login, when Windows shows the login prompt?The same Question has been asked a couple of years ago, and the suggestion was to use Windows Prompt + P to switch to a different screen.This worked in my Windows 10...
  3. How to switch display on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch display on welcome screen: Hello,Is there a way to cycle through connected displays before login, when Windows shows the login prompt?The same Question has been asked a couple of years ago, and the suggestion was to use Windows Prompt + P to switch to a different screen.This worked in my Windows 10...
  4. How To switch out of S mode

How To switch out of S mode: I cant seem to download any apps. when i went to the "Switch out of S mode" site, my GET button is greyed out, I cant click on it. i tried to reset the app too, but it didnt work. Please advise how can I proceed....
  5. How to switch apps in tablet mode?

How to switch apps in tablet mode?: Hello, I've using a surface running windows 10. But I don't even know how to switch between apps when in tablet mode, and I haven't found any information from Microsoft website. There is help for Turn tablet mode on , but the link on the page Use your PC like a tablet goes to...
  6. How to switch out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to switch out of S Mode: Hi My client bought a bunch of Surface Pro X with the ARM processors. The processors are a pain but thats not the problem. There is no way to switch out of S mode. I went to Activation but there is not an option to switch to Home version. I can only update the product key....
  7. How to Switch back to S mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Switch back to S mode?: How do I switch back into Smode? [Original Title: Smode] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-back-to-s-mode/52a70ab7-eb77-4b42-936c-2fd40f77c559
  8. How to switch off S mode?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to switch off S mode?: Today, S mode has become an annoyance and prevents me from installing software. I have Win 10 Edu version 1803, OS version 17134.16.10. I'm unable to follow the typical advice of going to "Updates and security", "Activation", "Switch to Store" since there is no such button in...
  9. Windows 10 keeps switching display mode

Windows 10 keeps switching display mode: I have recently plugged a secondary monitor into my laptop, i want it to extend the display - so i chose "extend", but it never saves this choice. My computer will go to sleep and when i wake it the setting will be changed to "show only on display 2". This has gotten very...
  10. Switching displays

Switching displays: I often switch my display from my computer monitor to my TV screen by selecting Extend these Displays in Display Settings. There are two different ways this will work: 1. All screen contents i.e., all open windows, and controls switch to the alternate screen, i.e., TV...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect to a projector windows 7

2. dispay mode