Windows 10: How to Switch from a Password to a PIN

Discus and support How to Switch from a Password to a PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This may seem like a strange question but, I used to have a PIN, which worked quite well until Windows 10 Pro Crashed 4-times in one month, due to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulV2, Mar 31, 2021.

1. PaulV2 Win User

How to Switch from a Password to a PIN

This may seem like a strange question but, I used to have a PIN, which worked quite well until Windows 10 Pro Crashed 4-times in one month, due to numerous power failures here in our part of the Philippines, which caused my Motherboard to eventually fail. Once I got the new motherboard installed, I then was able to once again, upload Windows 10 Pro and, when I went to use my PIN, I was instructed that this was no longer available and I had to switch to a Password.

Now, that I have used the Password on several occasions to sign into my PC, I thought I could switch back to a PIN. Yet, when I clicked on Settings and Sign-in Options, in the right hand panel, it shows "Windows Hello Pin - Sign in with a PIN Recommended. Yet, when I click on it, nothing happens. So, I clicked on the words "Learn More" and, I am directed to this site: Windows 10 sign-in options and account protection microsoft.com, which is of no help to me, as I know how to change a Password to a PIN or vice-versa and yet, I seem for whatever reason, that I can't switch from the Password to a PIN.

Has Word 10 Pro somehow made a change due to a recent upload that was performed on my computer in the past 7-days 03/24/2021, that only allows me to use a Password forever?

Thanking you for whatever you can provide.

:)

PaulV2, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 31, 2021
  3. S24_Mike Win User
    How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

If you get to step #5 and find that there is no option to remove the pin, this worked for me:

• Click "I forgot my PIN"
    • Enter your account password where prompted
    • When prompted to create a new PIN, click "Cancel"

This removed the existing PIN and went back to using the account password to log in and unlock the lock screen.

S24_Mike, Mar 31, 2021
  4. How to Switch from a Password to a PIN

How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

LarksKatydids, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

How to Switch from a Password to a PIN

1. How to Switch from a Password to a PIN - Similar Threads - Switch Password PIN

2. How to SWITCH login from PIN to Password on windows 11 Pro??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to SWITCH login from PIN to Password on windows 11 Pro??: I want to set a password instead of a pin and can't remove the pin, the option is grayed outI don't forgot my PIN, I don't need to know the benefits of a PIN over a Password if any, I'm not locked out of windows etc, all I'm asking is a way to set up a simple user password to...
  3. How to SWITCH login from PIN to Password on windows 11 Pro??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to SWITCH login from PIN to Password on windows 11 Pro??: I want to set a password instead of a pin and can't remove the pin, the option is grayed outI don't forgot my PIN, I don't need to know the benefits of a PIN over a Password if any, I'm not locked out of windows etc, all I'm asking is a way to set up a simple user password to...
  4. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to password instead of pin: I want to change from using my pin for login on my computer to using my password. I have searched and followed the instructions in the various questions/ threads here but there is no password option in the sign in options tab and the remove pin button is grayed out so I can't...
  5. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch to password instead of pin: I want to change from using my pin for login on my computer to using my password. I have searched and followed the instructions in the various questions/ threads here but there is no password option in the sign in options tab and the remove pin button is grayed out so I can't...
  6. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Switch a pin to a password . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch a pin to a password . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Way back when. I setup a PIN.To get onto my computer.I would like to, delete the pin.And, use a password.Please explain, how to do it?Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  8. Switch from password to pin sign in.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch from password to pin sign in.: I cant seem to get my Windows 10 computer to allow me to use a pin. Ive followed the instructions to add a pin but it still requires a password. I actually had a pin access until I reset my computer. Now it wont let me do it. I deleted my old pin and added a new one but...
  9. how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in.: This windows computer was turned off and when it booted back up it switched from logging in with a password to logging in with a PIN. The person does not remember setting a pin and when they click the forgot password button it lists an email for 2 factor authentication that...
  10. laptop switched from pin to password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    laptop switched from pin to password: Hi My laptop (lynx) recently restarted several times without a restart being selected and the after another restart has switched from a pin code to a password, i have reset my Microsoft account password several times and each new password fails, if the password is an...