Windows 10: how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in.

Discus and support how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This windows computer was turned off and when it booted back up it switched from logging in with a password to logging in with a PIN. The person does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanielKillam1, Mar 28, 2021.

1. how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in.

This windows computer was turned off and when it booted back up it switched from logging in with a password to logging in with a PIN. The person does not remember setting a pin and when they click the forgot password button it lists an email for 2 factor authentication that isn't listed in his Microsoft account bio. Is there a way he can switch the login back to the password without logging in?

:)

DanielKillam1, Mar 28, 2021
  2. S24_Mike Win User

How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

If you get to step #5 and find that there is no option to remove the pin, this worked for me:

• Click "I forgot my PIN"
    • Enter your account password where prompted
    • When prompted to create a new PIN, click "Cancel"

This removed the existing PIN and went back to using the account password to log in and unlock the lock screen.

S24_Mike, Mar 28, 2021
  3. How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

LarksKatydids, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in.

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in.

1. how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in. - Similar Threads - switch pin login

2. how to log in without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to log in without a password: I have tried all the options netplwiz , does not work. instead it changed to another account that it created, and on Settings, change password it will not accept it the instructions suggested on microsoft community, to leave blank , but it ask to change password, instead of...
  3. How to SWITCH login from PIN to Password on windows 11 Pro??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to SWITCH login from PIN to Password on windows 11 Pro??: I want to set a password instead of a pin and can't remove the pin, the option is grayed outI don't forgot my PIN, I don't need to know the benefits of a PIN over a Password if any, I'm not locked out of windows etc, all I'm asking is a way to set up a simple user password to...
  4. How to SWITCH login from PIN to Password on windows 11 Pro??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to SWITCH login from PIN to Password on windows 11 Pro??: I want to set a password instead of a pin and can't remove the pin, the option is grayed outI don't forgot my PIN, I don't need to know the benefits of a PIN over a Password if any, I'm not locked out of windows etc, all I'm asking is a way to set up a simple user password to...
  5. is the answer in the thread "How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password" outdated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is the answer in the thread "How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password" outdated?: or even looking with bing search string" sign in to microsoft account windows 10 site:microsoft.com " it shows a screenshot with password icon on the right.BUTI do not have it anymore, I would like to get rid of PIN login and use only passwordit must be possible because in my...
  6. is the answer in the thread "How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password" outdated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is the answer in the thread "How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password" outdated?: or even looking with bing search string" sign in to microsoft account windows 10 site:microsoft.com " it shows a screenshot with password icon on the right.BUTI do not have it anymore, I would like to get rid of PIN login and use only passwordit must be possible because in my...
  7. is the answer in the thread "How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password" outdated?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Microsoft account-switch from password > pin / pin > password / open without sign in ......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account-switch from password > pin / pin > password / open without sign in ......: Hello,I used to enter netplwiz and I could chose from sign-in with or without password/pin ... gone!I used to be able to change from signing in with password or pin ... gone! settings > accounts > sign-in optionsThere is only that strange "Hello" stuff, which seems to be...
  9. How to Switch from a Password to a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Switch from a Password to a PIN: This may seem like a strange question but, I used to have a PIN, which worked quite well until Windows 10 Pro Crashed 4-times in one month, due to numerous power failures here in our part of the Philippines, which caused my Motherboard to eventually fail. Once I got the new...
  10. Disabling the login PIN without a password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disabling the login PIN without a password: I've been using a pin to login to windows 10 after boot up, but now I've decided I would rather have it login automatically. I've seen many explanations on how to disable the pin, but they all require a password. I'm pretty sure I never entered a password for this computer....