Windows 10: How to switch my windows pro to another device while leaving the former one back to home...

Discus and support How to switch my windows pro to another device while leaving the former one back to home... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, I have 3 copies of windows. 1 pro and 2 home edition. I tried putting the product key for the home edition into the pro edition so that I can take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fred_birkhoff, Mar 8, 2020.

1. How to switch my windows pro to another device while leaving the former one back to home...

So, I have 3 copies of windows. 1 pro and 2 home edition. I tried putting the product key for the home edition into the pro edition so that I can take that one and put it on another device but it tells me it can't do that.

:)

fred_birkhoff, Mar 8, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 8, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to switch my windows pro to another device while leaving the former one back to home...

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being detected by Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you connect the Nintendo Switch Pro controller to the computer, it is not being detected, we will look into this for you.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• Does the Nintendo Switch Pro controller gets detected in any other computer?
    • Were you able to use the Nintendo Switch Pro controller earlier on your current computer?
    • Is any other USB Device detected on your computer?
    • Do you see any Unknown device or a yellow yield sign on any device in Device Manager?
    • May I know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

To check for unknown devices, you can press Windows key + X, and select
    Device Manager.

If you see any Unknown device or a device with yellow yield, right click on the device and select
    Update Driver.

However, we would also suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive.
    except Method 1 and 2 and check if that helps in resolving the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

How to switch my windows pro to another device while leaving the former one back to home...

1. How to switch my windows pro to another device while leaving the former one back to home... - Similar Threads - switch pro another

2. Can I switch my licensed Win10 pro from one device to another?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I switch my licensed Win10 pro from one device to another?: I have an old laptop i7-5th gen Dell.. during the upgrade it got upgraded to Win10pro from win7 and it is connected to my Microsoft email. I would like to know will I be able to switch my Win10 pro from the current laptopsystem/hardware/device to another Blank new...
  3. How to switch parental control from one account to another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to switch parental control from one account to another: I am in this position: I've installed my girl laptop using a new account microsoft accountgirl2020 with a new google mail*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Now I want to use parental control for this account from my personal account mail *** Email address is...
  4. Switches back to desktop while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switches back to desktop while gaming: My pc switches itself back to the desktop while gaming, without my consent or permission. I'm literally in the middle of a game, hands not even close to Alt or Tab, but it's like the system in thebackground somehow needs me back to the desktop. Sure I can Alt+Tab back into...
  5. Switching Form One Windows OEM Key To Another

Switching Form One Windows OEM Key To Another: Hi, I bought a laptop that was supposed to have OEM Windows 10 Pro, but arrived with OEM Windows 10 Home. I've since received an OEM key to activate Windows 10 Pro.. I've been reading about updating on this forum and have used the generic upgrade key...
  6. Switching Windows 10 Home and Pro

Switching Windows 10 Home and Pro: Hi, I had windows 10 Pro on PC1 and windows 10 Home on PC2. I needed to switch Home and Pro between PC1 and PC2 i.e PC1 to have Home and PC2 to have Pro. I created Windows 10 Home USB flash bootable drive from PC2. Installed Windows 10 Home on PC1 from USB drive. I had...
  7. How to switch backups from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to switch backups from one drive to another: My computer had Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 10. I was using the Windows Backup program but my drive ran out of room and it had to stop backing up and gave me errors. Now I bought a new 8 TB usb external drive. I changed my settings to back up to that drive and it...
  8. Windows 10 home and pro switch???

Windows 10 home and pro switch???: I have a Surface pro 4 with Windows 10 pro on it that is on its last legs because of major physical abuse. So I just bought a new Surface pro 7 and that has Windows 10 home on it. What I would like to know is can I swap the licenses on the two and put pro an the new one and...
  9. Switch Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi! If I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional - will I lose all of my saved passwords in Chrome? I am upgrading in order to get Outlook. Do I even have to upgrade? Every time I try to use Outlook, it's an hour lost and I'm back where I've started and I've been told...
  10. Switching form one network config to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switching form one network config to another: Hello Everyone, I have three networks in my life: one at my employed job, one at my own workshop, and one at home. I have a Win10 laptop with me most of the time. Now, two of the networks I use have a DHCP server which leases addresses to my laptop. The third network (at my...