Windows 10: How to switch sound output for an application?

Discus and support How to switch sound output for an application? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to have the sound output of the app Stardew Valley through my headphones, but it always goes through my speakers. I first tried to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eftir, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Eftir Win User

How to switch sound output for an application?

I would like to have the sound output of the app Stardew Valley through my headphones, but it always goes through my speakers. I first tried to change it specifically under the "App volume and device preferences" section of sound settings.

How to switch sound output for an application? cb01fa14-2056-4f18-932d-2c395786a258?upload=true.png

As you can see, this had no effect. I then went into "Manage sound devices" and disabled my speakers.

How to switch sound output for an application? 20f67cbc-a623-4792-9ba2-1a3a1bc94e6e?upload=true.png

At this point, all the apps that were coming through my speakers simply disappeared from the sound mixer and did not switch to headphones. I have updated all of my drivers, restarted my computer. Sometimes it will work if I plug in my headphones before turning on the computer, but my new headphones are bluetooth and so this isn't an option.

:)

Eftir, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Martmcd Win User

Sound switch from laptop speakers to headphones.

click on the speaker icon (bottom right by the clock)

then click on the up arrow, to display the list of playback devices.

if you headphones are in the list click on them to switch sound output.

Martmcd, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 audio stutters regardless of driver or output used, more noticeable on the toslink and surround sound.

• What device are you using? A laptop or a computer?
    • Its a desktop, i listed the components in the original post.
    • Do you have an external speaker?From which device does the sound come out from? From the TV or from the device?
    • I listed the outputs in the original post. The issue exists on all outputs and exists on the tv speakers, surround sound speakers, and headset.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • I have listed the troubleshooting steps that i can remember in the original post.

robert.r.hood, Dec 25, 2020
  4. How to switch sound output for an application?

Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

How to switch sound output for an application?

1. How to switch sound output for an application? - Similar Threads - switch sound output

2. Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound: I've tried this on the Blizzard forums but my question was deleted so I'm going to try hereWhen I open a game such as World of Warcraft it seems to 'dominate' the sound, as in it takes control of sound for the entire computer and I am unable to hear sound from background...
  3. Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound: I've tried this on the Blizzard forums but my question was deleted so I'm going to try hereWhen I open a game such as World of Warcraft it seems to 'dominate' the sound, as in it takes control of sound for the entire computer and I am unable to hear sound from background...
  4. How to separate sound outputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to separate sound outputs: Hi, I was wondering whether it is possible to make Spotify play through my speakers, and then have games, youtube and such run through my headset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-separate-sound-outputs/2048584f-2aac-47c4-8f7d-d670ff2b48c6
  5. Sounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs: Hello all, I left the Windows world in 2015 and switched over to Mac (:insert hiss:). Fast forward to last month and I recently had a custom PC built. Loving it so far except minor issues that I've been unable to solve. For example, my sound does not switch from my headset...
  6. How to change sound output of an app when switching sound devices

How to change sound output of an app when switching sound devices: Everytime I switch from headphones to speakers on a fullscreen app, it does not have sound unless I restart the application. I've tried to change the output in the "App volume and devices preferences" but of course my app does not appear there. There was an option in windows...
  7. Quick sound output switch?

Quick sound output switch?: I frequently need to route my audio to my TV, and back again. Best solution? Is there a way to get the sound icon thing to show up on all desktops? submitted by /u/Almost-a-Killa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpvaaw/quick_sound_output_switch/
  8. No sound output when running an application

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound output when running an application: Ever since my PC went over to working with Windows 10, I have had ongoing trouble running an application known as 'Spin it Again', https://acoustica.com/products/spin-it-again. I am not getting any audio output when running this. I do get audio with other applications, the...
  9. How to analyse output sound?

How to analyse output sound?: I'm trying to adjust viper4windows for watching movies and streams. Is there a way to see the output signal in a spectral analyser? Does someone know a specific application for it? Or how to root the output signal to input, so I can analyse it with one of the million freeware...
  10. how to play application sounds on all output device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to play application sounds on all output device.: without using the stereo mix method, how could i make all applications play sounds on all my output devices. I want to do it this way, so if i want an application to play on just a single output(ex. headphones) i could just mute that application on all other output(ex....