Windows 10: How to switch the keyboard input on already written text

Discus and support How to switch the keyboard input on already written text in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I switch between russian and english keyboards a lot during my use. Sometimes I mistakingly type thinking I am using the russian input but turns out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Memerto, Jan 25, 2021.

1. How to switch the keyboard input on already written text

I switch between russian and english keyboards a lot during my use. Sometimes I mistakingly type thinking I am using the russian input but turns out its on english. When this happens I delete what I wrote and switch the input language with win + space bar. I saw on somewhere that you can switch the keyboard input on already written text. This way I dont waste time by deleting and typing again. I searched online but I couldn't find the keyboard shortcut I was looking for.

submitted by /u/Memerto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Memerto, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand that you see Norwegian keyboard when you switch between the input languages. As you have checked the installed keyboard languages using PowerShell and didn’t find the keyboard language, I suggest you to
    refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if you are able to find the keyboard language:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type lpksetup and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Uninstall display languages.
    4. If you find Norwegian keyboard listed, click on it and click on
      Next.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the language pack.

Let us know how it goes. If the issue persists, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Change input language based on keyboard?

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with automatically switch input languages based on which keyboard on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:

• Do you wish to perform this task, on any particular Windows

application?
    • Why do you want to perform this task?
    The Automatically switch keyboard to match language of surrounding text option is only available in OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word.

When the Automatically switch keyboard to match language of surrounding text option is turned on, it changes the keyboard's layout to the language that matches the language of text adjacent to the cursor's position.

For more information, refer to the link below:

Turn on automatic language options:
    https://support.office.com/en-in/ar...-options-194d309c-3e10-4bd5-a694-ba9bbdf4a28e

Your default keyboard layout or input method is the one that’s automatically used with the language you see Windows in (for example, the QWERTY keyboard for American English). If you want to keep your Windows language the same but use a different keyboard
    automatically, follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel by entering Control Panel in the search box, and then

tapping or clicking Control Panel.

2.Enter Add a language in the search box, and then tap or click Add a

language.

3.Tap or click Advanced settings.

4.Under Override for default input method, choose the keyboard layout or input method you'd like to be your new default, and then tap or click Save.

For more information, refer to the link below:

Change your language or keyboard:
    Change your keyboard layout

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jan 25, 2021
  4. How to switch the keyboard input on already written text

Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

How to switch the keyboard input on already written text

1. How to switch the keyboard input on already written text - Similar Threads - switch keyboard input

2. How read Urdu text with written and how to type Urdu text with narrator screen reader on window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How read Urdu text with written and how to type Urdu text with narrator screen reader on window: I am zain. I am screen reader usser.I am using narrator. How to red urdu text with narrator.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-read-urdu-text-with-written-and-how-to-type/4dc4ccce-cb58-4c8b-b82c-0aa9f9022aeb
  3. How read Urdu text with written and how to type Urdu text with narrator screen reader on window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How read Urdu text with written and how to type Urdu text with narrator screen reader on window: I am zain. I am screen reader usser.I am using narrator. How to red urdu text with narrator.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-read-urdu-text-with-written-and-how-to-type/4dc4ccce-cb58-4c8b-b82c-0aa9f9022aeb
  4. How read Urdu text with written and how to type Urdu text with narrator screen reader on window

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to disable Microsoft Text Input Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable Microsoft Text Input Application: Every few minutes, a process called "Microsoft Text Input Application" starts and uses 100% of my CPU. I can end it via the Task Manager, but I have to do this every few minutes.I tried to disable it by going to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics and Feedback > Improve Inking...
  6. Keyboard input settings keep switching on their own

Keyboard input settings keep switching on their own: I use two input settings on my computer - standard Qwerty, and Dvorak. Sometimes when I click to a different window it switches which input is active as I type, but doesn't actually change it on the system tray. I try the keyboard shortcut to switch inputs, nothing happens......
  7. Cannot switch input functions on Japanese keyboard

Cannot switch input functions on Japanese keyboard: Hey all, I have Windows 10 and I need to type a paper in Japanese. My problem is that my keyboard has somehow switched from romaji input to kana input, and I have no idea how to switch it back. I cannot figure out which keys are which character now. Please help! Darius...
  8. Cant switch input modes for Japanese keyboard, the keybind won't switch either.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant switch input modes for Japanese keyboard, the keybind won't switch either.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/madmads01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2zw4v/cant_switch_input_modes_for_japanese_keyboard_the/
  9. Text input method

Text input method: I have only just recently received my Microsoft Surface Go asked am slowly relearning how to get around in the Windows/pc os. I haven't used an actual PC in so long! For years I've done anything and everything on my android smart phones which is just crazy. Also I am...
  10. Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?

Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?: Hi Guys ! I was wondering if there is a way to get Cortana to respond to my written inputs with her voice rather than text. Or both. Is there ? Thanks ! PS. Sorry if this is a dumb question ... plz remove it if it's in violation of the forum rules 66145