Windows 10: How to switch to Administrator in new install

Discus and support How to switch to Administrator in new install in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I've just reinstalled windows 10, signed in with my microsoft account but it seems I'm not an administrator. When I try to install anything I'm... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DavidA23, Jul 1, 2016.

1. DavidA23 Win User

How to switch to Administrator in new install

Hi
    I've just reinstalled windows 10, signed in with my microsoft account but it seems I'm not an administrator.
    When I try to install anything I'm asked for an admin password (which I guessed is the same as my microsoft account).
    Apparently not.
    So how to I sign in as administrator?

:)

DavidA23, Jul 1, 2016

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Error code 0x800704CF when i try to download app from windows 10 store..what is solution??

I'd like some feedback on the Windows Store reporting an error with the hex address 0x800704CF.

I've followed this thread and performed suggested operations save for the proxy fix as I'm not using a proxy.

My problem with the Windows store on this particular laptop still persists.

I'd appreciate some help.

Thank You!

About-to-switch-to-Linux, Jul 1, 2016
  4. DavidA23 Win User

Since I can't sign in or switch to an admin account I can now do nothing. It keeps asking me for a password and then doesn't recognize it.
    Can't open cmd prompt or change anything.
    Worryingly there is an account picture displayed which I didn't set up.
    I can't even get to the cd drive to reinstall.
    All in all I'm buggered or hacked or something.
    Any suggestions appreciated

DavidA23, Jul 1, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Set the bios/UEFI to boot from the Windows 10 installation media - USB flash drive or DVD. Boot from the USB flash drive or DVD and you can reinstall Windows 10. For the first user account created, I recommend a local account (when asked for a username, click "skip" or "do this later" or whatever option lets you skip that screen until you get to the last one that asks for a Username, Password, Repeat Password, and password hint). That account will be created as an administrator. Then you can convert that account to a MS Account login, if you want.

In order to get to the point where you can enter the bios/UEFI boot menu, you might have to just hold down the power key when Windows is started up to force a hard power off.

NavyLCDR, Jul 1, 2016
  6. DavidA23 Win User
    Mmm... Not a good start: 'Windows setup could not reinialize the deployment engine.To install Windows, restart the installation'. Trying a repair... Resetting this PC...

DavidA23, Jul 1, 2016
  7. DavidA23 Win User
    Phew! I think I now have a clean working Admin machine. Thanks.

DavidA23, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to switch to Administrator in new install - Similar Threads - switch Administrator install

2. switching administration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switching administration: So, I want to switch administrations to another email. I don't know how to do this, and I would want to keep everything that I already have on this email. So I want nothing to change except my emails. Is this possible? If so, how?...
  3. switching administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching administration: So, I want to switch administrations to another email. I don't know how to do this, and I would want to keep everything that I already have on this email. So I want nothing to change except my emails. Is this possible? If so, how?...
  4. How do I switch from an old administrator email to a new one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch from an old administrator email to a new one?: I have had my laptop for several years. It is running on Windows 11. When I got it, I set it up on my work email and that business has since shut down. I no longer have access to that email. How do I go in and switch the administrator email for my laptop to my current 365...
  5. How do I switch from an old administrator email to a new one?

How do I switch from an old administrator email to a new one?: I have had my laptop for several years. It is running on Windows 11. When I got it, I set it up on my work email and that business has since shut down. I no longer have access to that email. How do I go in and switch the administrator email for my laptop to my current 365...
  6. How to switch to a new email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch to a new email?: When I first created an account for this computer, I used my father's email. That hasn't been an issue, but as I am much older and trying to migrate over to my stuff, I can't seem to disconnect him from the computer. I don't have the option for local accounts. I have been...
  7. How to switch to a new email?

How to switch to a new email?: When I first created an account for this computer, I used my father's email. That hasn't been an issue, but as I am much older and trying to migrate over to my stuff, I can't seem to disconnect him from the computer. I don't have the option for local accounts. I have been...
  8. How to switch to a new email?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Switch Administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch Administrator: How can I switch administrator from one person to another? My husband's laptop now belongs to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-administrator/b8fcbf8f-afac-44cc-b813-a6e5122d1789
  10. Switching Installations to a New Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Installations to a New Machine: I have Win 10 installed on my current Dell mid-tower - I downloaded the Win 10 installer and retrieved the installer activation "key." But I just purchased a newer Dell tower with no OS. I want to wipe the drive and install Win 10 fresh, using this same key. I have no use...