Windows 10: How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?

Discus and support How to switch user if the other user didn't log off? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Please help me how to switch user on HP Windows 10 desktop if the other user forgot to log off/exit out from log-in desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Grace.Y, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Grace.Y Win User

How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?

Please help me how to switch user on HP Windows 10 desktop if the other user forgot to log off/exit out from log-in desktop.

:)

Grace.Y, Jul 29, 2020

2. When a user logs in, other users are also logged in

Thank you for updating us. it is truly possible that another user is still being recognized by your operating system. To disconnect the other user logged in, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + Shift key + Esc
      to go to Task Manager.
    • Go to the Users tab.
    • If you see the other user there, right-click on it and press Disconnect.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Tomg11030 Win User
    Fast User Switching

One more data point. If I hit Alt-F4, I can switch users without it auto-logging me off. Your other suggestions didn't work.

Tomg11030, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How to switch user if the other user didn't log off? - Similar Threads - switch user user

2. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked but I regret doing it. The laptop has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to complete the task. Even worse, now...
  3. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked. But big mistake. It has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to just get back to a log in screen. Even worse, now...
  4. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  5. Other users are not shown on switch user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other users are not shown on switch user: I have a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 laptop with Windows Home 10 64 bit ver 20H2OS Build 19042.985 "as a Standalone home use Machine". I have already read and followed all instructions to resolve this issue which exists for innumerable users but till date it remain...
  6. Other users not able to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other users not able to log in: I recently reset Windows 10 on this PC, removing all files. I believe that is not relevant to this problem. Come to think of it I did a clean install using a USB drive. Currently: Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, 19042.685 I am able to log in to my Microsoft User account, set to admin...
  7. how to switch user without logging out?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to switch user without logging out?: how to switch user without logging out? I remember windows used to allow you to remain logged in while switching accounts now there is no switch user option....
  8. HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10: Can any one please tell me HOW TO Force signed In users to automatically log off when switching users in windows 10? Not even restarting the computer the signed In user will not go away. Any Idea Thanks...
  9. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  10. OTHER USER log in problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    OTHER USER log in problems: Good day! I have my problem on my PC.. It's windows 10 and I clean and scan it to remove any virus. After that it requires to restart my PC, so I did. But when it comes to log in menu, I didn't see my account, OTHER USER which is I don't know the user and pass. And it...