Windows 10: how to switch user without logging out?

Discus and support how to switch user without logging out? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how to switch user without logging out? I remember windows used to allow you to remain logged in while switching accounts now there is no switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HaoSun, Aug 8, 2019.

1. HaoSun Win User

how to switch user without logging out?

I remember windows used to allow you to remain logged in while switching accounts now there is no switch user option.

:)

HaoSun, Aug 8, 2019

2. Switching User without logging off

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Were you able to try “Alt key + F4”?

• Is the Switch User button active?

Suggest you to close all open windows and restart the computer once to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Switching User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Follow the steps to switch user account without logging out or restart.

• On Left bottom corner, Click on Start button
    • From the Menu screen, go to the TOP. [This should have the name of the user current logged in].
    • Right click on Current User... Or change to other user.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Aug 8, 2019
  4. how to switch user without logging out?

Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. how to switch user without logging out? - Similar Threads - switch user without

2. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a user profile without logging in?: Hello,We are preparing a new Windows image. After sysprep, some user profiles should be created automatically and certain files should be copied to their profiles. I have found this command to create a user profile "runas /env /profile /user:<domain>\<username> cmd.exe", but...
  3. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a user profile without logging in?: Hello,We are preparing a new Windows image. After sysprep, some user profiles should be created automatically and certain files should be copied to their profiles. I have found this command to create a user profile "runas /env /profile /user:<domain>\<username> cmd.exe", but...
  4. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to switch out of S Mode without internet?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to switch out of S Mode without internet?: I had to reset my mother's laptop with a Windows 10 ISO but the system won't let me turn off this stupid S Mode, the wireless driver is gone, I can't install a driver for internet, I can't install a normal W10 ISO, what the **** is this? And please don't give me that tutorial...
  6. Switching users vs logging out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching users vs logging out?: Hello, i just added my brother to my desktop as a user and wanted to make sure that his background programs aren't running when i am on my account and vice versa. Is making sure that he logs out before i log in/not using the switch accounts option good enough to stop this...
  7. How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?: Please help me how to switch user on HP Windows 10 desktop if the other user forgot to log off/exit out from log-in desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-user-if-the-other-user-didnt-log-off/c70cc2c3-c6cf-4b2d-a301-8081d34b9fc8
  8. Log out functinality without logging out?

in Windows 10 Support
    Log out functinality without logging out?: Ola everyone! Everyone is familiar with the log out function in Windows 10; windows key+L, which takes us to the log in screen! Is there a function that gives us the same features as the log out function, but allows for the program running to be displayed on screen instead...
  9. Switching users with & with out domains

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching users with & with out domains: I use my personal laptop for work at times. My work uses a domian ####.org. I currently am signed into a wrokgroup for my daily use. My question is, is there a way to quickly change from a workgroup to to my works domian so that I can access my work files and printers?...
  10. how do we switch users without signing out?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do we switch users without signing out?: We’ve had trouble switching between 2 users. We never had a “switch users” option. We would click on the icon for the other user and at first it worked. Then it started locking up the computer and the only way we could switch was to sign out and the other user sign in. Now it...