Windows 10: How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen

Discus and support How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Computer is running Windows 11 Pro. I personally installed two Local User accounts on the laptop: an Admin account and an account for our employee.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kjssdca, Jun 20, 2022.

1. kjssdca Win User

How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen

Computer is running Windows 11 Pro. I personally installed two Local User accounts on the laptop: an Admin account and an account for our employee. Employee terminated and we need to access the files. I am at the login screen and no matter what I do, I can't get to a situation where I can select the Admin account to login to the machine. How do I get to the Admin screen from the login screen? We don't have the user's login password.

:)

kjssdca, Jun 20, 2022
  2. briang99 Win User

Unknown user account at windows 10 login screen

I have the same issue but I have 11 users and now on the log in screen I have 11 user names and 11 of the "password" with the "key" next to them. So, that's 22 logins on the lock screen. The "password" logins are actually the users. I am trying to get rid
    of the "password" tabs so only my user names show on the login screen. I checked for the registry folder you mentioned and it is not in the list.

Any other suggestions?

briang99, Jun 20, 2022
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Jun 20, 2022
  4. How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen

User accounts / login screen

Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related.

I am using Windows 10 version 1909.

Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows.

I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login under power and sleep settings.

I am still asked to login when I start windows. I suspect this is because there are two user accounts.

One user account is just user, which is what I use. The other is my name, John, which I must have set up when I was installing windows and I don't remember the password for.

I tried to delete the John account so it would just login automatically to the user account, but when I go under user accounts after typing in systempropertiesadvanced under the run command, I don't see this "John" account.

So in short, I have done all the things that a simple google search would suggest for me to disable the logon screen following a restart, but to no avail. I suspect this is because of a second user account for which I don't know the password, but I can't seem to find this account anywhere to delete it.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your time!

greenevening, Jun 20, 2022
Thema:

How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen

1. How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen - Similar Threads - switch User account

2. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  3. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  4. How do I switch user accounts from the log in screen?

How do I switch user accounts from the log in screen?: I have a surface pro and I only use the Admin local user option. Something happened and it switched to Other User and I do not have log in info for that user account and now I cannot get back to the Admin log in that I know the info for. When I restart it, it goes right back...
  5. Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11: Hi, I can't switch accounts at all. I've tried everything and all the tutorials online are for Windows 10. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-option-is-missing-for-the-login/829db451-e26d-4bfe-a344-399d53ce8ceb
  6. Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11

Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11: Hi, I can't switch accounts at all. I've tried everything and all the tutorials online are for Windows 10. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-option-is-missing-for-the-login/829db451-e26d-4bfe-a344-399d53ce8ceb
  7. How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen

How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen: Computer is running Windows 11 Pro. I personally installed two Local User accounts on the laptop: an Admin account and an account for our employee. Employee terminated and we need to access the files. I am at the login screen and no matter what I do, I can't get to a...
  8. User account missing from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  9. User account missing from login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User account missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  10. Issue with users switching on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with users switching on the login screen: /!\ Merry Christmas to all ! /!\ [img] My problem : Alt+F4 give me the option of switching users but only the current user "nemo" is selectable All users are set active including the built-in Administrator [img] [img]...