Windows 10: How to sync Microsoft Edge settings?

Discus and support How to sync Microsoft Edge settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried but failed to sync Microsoft Edge setting on my both laptops - Surface pro 3 and Surface pro 6. I went into my Microsoft account and found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarieHarley1, Jan 10, 2019.

1. How to sync Microsoft Edge settings?

I tried but failed to sync Microsoft Edge setting on my both laptops - Surface pro 3 and Surface pro 6. I went into my Microsoft account and found that my both computers are doing great, the sync function is enabled on both devices. However my Surface pro 6 does not show my favorites or passwords that Surface pro 3 has

:)

MarieHarley1, Jan 10, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    How do I sync Microsoft Edge Favourites?

Hi Jonathan,

About your concern, you can sync the Microsoft Edge Favorites by following the steps below:

• Sign in with the same Microsoft account on both devices.
    • Turn on sync settings on the phone, go to Settings > Accounts >
      Sync your settings and turn on
      Sync settings.
    • Turn on sync settings on Microsoft Edge on your PC, select More (...) >
      Settings > turn on Sync.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Jan 10, 2019
  4. How to sync Microsoft Edge settings?

Syncing Problems with Edge

As far as I can tell there isn't much you can make Edge/Windows do as far a sync.

As to the original problem mentioned it doesn't look like Microsoft has even bothered/let alone fixed syncing favorites in Edge.

sewing1243, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

How to sync Microsoft Edge settings?

1. How to sync Microsoft Edge settings? - Similar Threads - sync Microsoft Edge

2. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft edge is not syncing: i noticed that my password was not syncing for a website and realised that the syncing and that showed upi tried many things and 1 was goin onto edge://sync/ and it showed this those were the only red 1s on there could u help me pls thank u...
  3. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge is not syncing: i noticed that my password was not syncing for a website and realised that the syncing and that showed upi tried many things and 1 was goin onto edge://sync/ and it showed this those were the only red 1s on there could u help me pls thank u...
  4. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  6. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  7. Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out: I bought (Jan 2019) a demo machine at Costco. It has Win 10 v 1809 on it. I cannot save any favorites in Edge and settings is greyed out. When I looked at sync your settings, there is a message saying "some settings are managed by your organization" - I have looked at many...
  8. How to Sync Edge Favorites - all settings correct but no go ?!?!?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Sync Edge Favorites - all settings correct but no go ?!?!?: Good evening all, A few weeks ago I reinstalled Win10 on my Notebook and Surface Go. But unfortunately my Edge Favorites still did not Synchronise :-( My Notebook settings are: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] My SurfaceGo settings are: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I rebooted several...
  9. How to specify a different microsoft accounts for syncing with Edge?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to specify a different microsoft accounts for syncing with Edge?: I am using local account to log into my PC. Because I use different microsoft accounts for my general usage (logging in to windows 8 on my tablet) and for gaming (for use in the xbox). microsoft edge can now sync settings and bookmarks in the latest update, but it...
  10. Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge sync settings greyed out but account sync is OK