Windows 10: How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud?

Discus and support How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I see plenty of guides explaining how to use OneDrive to sync down files to the computer from the cloud but what about the other direction? I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Buddy Patton, Nov 9, 2018.

1. How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud?

I see plenty of guides explaining how to use OneDrive to sync down files to the computer from the cloud but what about the other direction?

I have a folder on my computer that I'd like to use OneDrive in order to automatically sync the changes to that file up to the cloud. Is this possible using OneDrive or am I misconceiving how to use OneDrive primarily?

:)

Buddy Patton, Nov 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 9, 2018
  3. OneDrive sync.

If you don't want to sync all of your folders in OneDrive to your computer, you can specify which folders you'd like to sync.

Note: You can choose which folders to sync only if you are using the new OneDrive sync client.

Not sure which sync client you're using?

1. Open the Sync your OneDrive files to this PC dialog box using one of these methods:
      • In File Explorer, right-click a folder in OneDrive or OneDrive for Business, and select
        Choose OneDrive folders to sync.

How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud? 094cae2b-f9e8-4ad0-b310-7f2b4d507ae5.png

OR
      • Select the white or blue OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar notification area.

How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud? 4e85cfb6-efbc-4629-b7c0-eb75d2bbc44b.png
      • In the activity center, select More > Settings.

How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud? de5a32c6-d3ce-47a9-823f-2a211b1cc445.png
      • Select the Account tab, and select Choose folders.

Note: You might need to select the Show hidden icons arrow

How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud? [​IMG]
        next to the notification area to see the OneDrive icon.
    2. In the Sync your OneDrive files to this PC dialog box, uncheck any folders you don't want to sync to your computer and select
      OK.

How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud? 1813fba1-82aa-479a-b8a7-d5b16a6d2af6.png

Notes:
      • If you uncheck a folder you are syncing to your computer, the folder will be removed from your computer. The folder and its contents will still be available online.
      • The sync settings you choose are unique to each computer unless you're syncing everything everywhere. Also, if you're choosing folders on two computers and you create a new folder on computer A that you want to sync to computer B, you'll need to go to computer
        B and select the new folder there.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 9, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud?

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud? [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud?

1. How to sync OneDrive in the opposite direction, Computer to Cloud? - Similar Threads - sync OneDrive opposite

2. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling: hi it seems its a widespread issue. I've tried everything from changing usb port to disabling services to disabling scroll when hovering on a window and many other things. the mouse is razer viper 8k and when scrolling up and down there is jump in the other direction every so...
  3. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling: hi it seems its a widespread issue. I've tried everything from changing usb port to disabling services to disabling scroll when hovering on a window and many other things. the mouse is razer viper 8k and when scrolling up and down there is jump in the other direction every so...
  4. Mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction on Windows PC: [IMG]Some Windows users have reported that their mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction. When they move their mouse to the left, the cursor moves to the right and vice-versa. According to them, restarting the device fixes the issue but the problem appears again...
  5. OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud: Hi, this my first post here. I don't know if I have put this in the correct forum, apologies if not. My Windows Version is 20H2. For some reason I created my OneDrive folder within my existing OneDrive setup, in C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Email attachments\Documents. I don't...
  6. OneDrive in the Cloud and on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive in the Cloud and on my computer: When I link or save one of my computer folders to be on onedrive there will be a mirrored entry on my computer. For example, when first starting on onedrive I choose my Document folder located at D:\Users\"user name"\documents. After setting that up I will still have my...
  7. Mouse goes opposite direction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse goes opposite direction: My Synaptics mouse goes in the opposite direction on my laptop. How can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-goes-opposite-direction/2469d1a7-27e9-4eda-b8bb-38eb9dbf5654
  8. OneDrive on Windows 10 cannot complete sync with OneDrive in cloud

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive on Windows 10 cannot complete sync with OneDrive in cloud: Since upgrading to Windows 10 build 1803 my OneDrive is perpetually "updating files." In addition system restore does not work because it cannot extract OneDrive from a restore point. That's probably because it times out waiting for OneDrive to finish a sync. I've tried...
  9. recommendations for cloud backup and syncing -- OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recommendations for cloud backup and syncing -- OneDrive?: I just got Windows 10. I've been using the cloud backup/folder syncing service Jungle Disk on Windows 7 for a while. I'm not very happy with Jungle Disk... no end of bugs and problems. Because Microsoft is pushing OneDrive so hard with Windows 10, I thought I would ask a...
  10. Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud: Apparently I really messed up somehow. The Microsoft Cloud is no longer uploading the files from my computer’s Cloud. This is the message I get when I try to force it. What did I do wrong and how do I correct it? NOTE: I removed the users name for privacy purposes here… thus...