Windows 10: How to synchronize Documents folders

Discus and support How to synchronize Documents folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Documents folder and many subfolders on C:\users\<username>, which should be the hard disk version and also on This PC, which I assume is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MesPia, Jun 8, 2020.

1. MesPia Win User

How to synchronize Documents folders

I have a Documents folder and many subfolders on C:\users\<username>, which should be the hard disk version and also on This PC, which I assume is the OneDrive version. However, they either have different sets of files or the file modification dates are different. How do I synchronize both Documents folders so they both have the same files and modification dates? Also, when I create or edit files, I have been always using This PC > Documents instead of the hard disk. If I strictly use the hard disk folders, will the files be automatically uploaded to the OneDrive folders?

:)

MesPia, Jun 8, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. How to synchronize Documents folders - Similar Threads - synchronize Documents folders

2. Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization: Hi,Can anyone tell me if Windows 10 has a feature that would allow me to synchronize the contents of a local folder with the contents of a folder on a server?I'd like this synchronization to be "one way", meaning that users with appropriate permissions will only add, modify,...
  3. Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization: Hi,Can anyone tell me if Windows 10 has a feature that would allow me to synchronize the contents of a local folder with the contents of a folder on a server?I'd like this synchronization to be "one way", meaning that users with appropriate permissions will only add, modify,...
  4. Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Synchronization of Folders

Synchronization of Folders: I have been trying to configure the latest version of Google Drive for Desktop which was formerly called Backup and Sync but have not been able to reach the intended goal. Can someone explain step by step how to achieve the following?Synchronize a certain folder on one...
  6. Synchronizing program and folder shortcut

Synchronizing program and folder shortcut: Hello, dear ones! I have Microsoft 365 Personal and one of its benefits is OneDrive with 1TB. Well, I synchronize the following folders: Workspace; Documents; Images. Well, when installing a new program, I end up allowing the creation of a shortcut on the desktop...
  7. How can I 'remove' Onedrive synchronization from the Documents folder?

How can I 'remove' Onedrive synchronization from the Documents folder?: Hello! I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and after the first login I noticed that every file in the Document folder is automatically synched to Onedrive. I'd like to keep a Onedrive folder and a separate Documents and Pictures folder. How can I accomplish this? Thank...
  8. How to synchronize without synchronizing?

How to synchronize without synchronizing?: Hello All, I have a folder on a network drive and I want to have that folder and contents accessible on a local drive via a folder, but I do not want to synchronize the files. Rather, I want to have a "faux folder" in the local drive which, when opened, shows all of the...
  9. How to synchronize without synchronizing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to synchronize without synchronizing?: Hello All, I have a folder on a network drive and I want to have that folder and contents accessible on a local drive via a folder, but I do not want to synchronize the files. Rather, I want to have a "faux folder" in the local drive which, when opened, shows all of the...
  10. Synchronize Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Synchronize Folders: Is there any simple way to synchronize folders on the same drive? On two different drives on same PC? On two different networked PCs? 19322