Windows 10: How to synchronize without synchronizing?

Discus and support How to synchronize without synchronizing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All, I have a folder on a network drive and I want to have that folder and contents accessible on a local drive via a folder, but I do not want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by edsager, Jan 13, 2019.

1. edsager Win User

How to synchronize without synchronizing?

Hello All,

I have a folder on a network drive and I want to have that folder and contents accessible on a local drive via a folder, but I do not want to synchronize the files.

Rather, I want to have a "faux folder" in the local drive which, when opened, shows all of the files and new files can be saved to it as though said files were actually on the local drive...but the files are actually saved to and maintained on the network drive only.

I did this with a previous version of Windows, but forgot how.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

:)

edsager, Jan 13, 2019
  2. EJG
    ejg Win User

GPU-Z Shared Memory Synchronization

I looked but couldn't find any definitive info on how the shared memory of GPU-Z is synchronized. I see a few named mutex's associated with the process:
    DBWinMutex
    ZonesLockedCacheCounterMutex
    ZonesCacheCounterMutex
    Access_I2C_Sequence
    Access_*_I2C

Also see that there is a LONG in the shared memory structure that may be used for synchronization. Specifically, I'm looking to read sensor data. Any information on how synchronization is done or documentation would be much appreciated. Also, I have found a project that reads the shared memory but does anyone know if that was based off of documentation or was that reverse engineered?

3. Synchronize Folders

Is there any simple way to synchronize folders on the same drive? On two different drives on same PC? On two different networked PCs?

conradmetz, Jan 13, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. How to synchronize without synchronizing? - Similar Threads - synchronize without synchronizing

2. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time not synchronizing: Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time service to Automatic, started and unregistered and re-registered it, ran SFC, and everything else I see in the forums to try. I...
  3. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time not synchronizing: Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time service to Automatic, started and unregistered and re-registered it, ran SFC, and everything else I see in the forums to try. I...
  4. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. synchronization

in Windows 10 Customization
    synchronization: When a customers logs into Windows 10 with a Microsoft Account, what all items are synchronized against their account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synchronization/a9f6c082-8a59-4ec1-978c-ae527bbbbd32
  6. Calendar synchronization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar synchronization: running windows 10 on desktop and have android phone with google calendar. About a week ago my calendar in outlook and google calendar on android phone quit synchronizing. How to fix Moved from: Outlook.com Calendars and tasks Import, share, or open calendars...
  7. Shut down without synchronization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shut down without synchronization: Hi The new version of windows 10 is shutting down without synchronization. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-without-synchronization/29217cae-725b-477f-b200-7cd7b78717a7
  8. OneDrive and synchronization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and synchronization: Hello I use onedrive to work on excell files. I use two PC in different localization and my friend use this files but only to read on third device ( he do not make any changes). There are no problem with internet connection there. If in futhure there will be some problem i...
  9. How to synchronize without synchronizing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to synchronize without synchronizing?: Hello All, I have a folder on a network drive and I want to have that folder and contents accessible on a local drive via a folder, but I do not want to synchronize the files. Rather, I want to have a "faux folder" in the local drive which, when opened, shows all of the...
  10. Synchronize Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Synchronize Folders: Is there any simple way to synchronize folders on the same drive? On two different drives on same PC? On two different networked PCs? 19322