Windows 10: How to take a screenshot on Windows 10 with two monitors

Discus and support How to take a screenshot on Windows 10 with two monitors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sorry if this is the wrong subreddit but I’ve searched everywhere for an answer. So I have a laptop and a monitor plugged into it. I do use both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Auriph, May 12, 2020.

1. /u/Auriph Win User

How to take a screenshot on Windows 10 with two monitors

Sorry if this is the wrong subreddit but I’ve searched everywhere for an answer. So I have a laptop and a monitor plugged into it. I do use both frequently during classes for college so using one, usually isn’t an option. When I take a screenshot using windows + prntscrn, it takes a screenshot of both screens. I know that I can just use lightshot or anything else to crop an image but I really do find that using windows+ prntscrn to be far more efficient than cropping images over and over again. Is there a way in which I could target which monitor I want to screenshot so it comes out the same way as if I wasn’t using a monitor?

submitted by /u/Auriph
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Auriph, May 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 12, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 12, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

I wonder why nobody has suggested the OP to make a screenshot of display showing these "washed out colors"? Everything I have read in this thread suggests that the issue is not in Windows, but instead in display / monitor.

My suggestion: next time you'll see these washed out colors, make a screenshot and post it here. If the screenshot shows us that colors are OK, then the issue is your monitor failing.

Tutorials you might need:

Thema:

1. How to take a screenshot on Windows 10 with two monitors - Similar Threads - screenshot monitors

2. My monitor goes black, I can remote the comp, but it has a low resolution, see screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor goes black, I can remote the comp, but it has a low resolution, see screenshot: My monitor gets black after some time and I tested both Win 10 and 11 on my comp but still the same result. I have a Ryzon 5 4600 CPU and NVDIA 3080 with the latest driver. If I login Remote with Chrome Remote, this is what it looks like:...
  3. My monitor goes black, I can remote the comp, but it has a low resolution, see screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor goes black, I can remote the comp, but it has a low resolution, see screenshot: My monitor gets black after some time and I tested both Win 10 and 11 on my comp but still the same result. I have a Ryzon 5 4600 CPU and NVDIA 3080 with the latest driver. If I login Remote with Chrome Remote, this is what it looks like:...
  4. HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only: SHDR hurts the eyes a bit so hopefully there's a solution. I only see this washed out issue occur on chrome browsers for some reason - and it's recent too past two days.Screen shots and snips show up as exceptionally washed out with low contrast on chrome but not on mozilla....
  5. HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only

HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only: SHDR hurts the eyes a bit so hopefully there's a solution. I only see this washed out issue occur on chrome browsers for some reason - and it's recent too past two days.Screen shots and snips show up as exceptionally washed out with low contrast on chrome but not on mozilla....
  6. HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Snip screenshot returns partial blank screen on second monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snip screenshot returns partial blank screen on second monitors: Hello, I have an issue: when I take a screenshot of a section that includes both monitor 1 and 2, the second monitor is not seen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-screenshot-returns-partial-blank-screen-on/63e3c1d9-b17d-46a1-b168-a1ebf1a645f3
  8. Snip screenshot returns partial blank screen on second monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip screenshot returns partial blank screen on second monitors: Hello, I have an issue: when I take a screenshot of a section that includes both monitor 1 and 2, the second monitor is not seen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-screenshot-returns-partial-blank-screen-on/63e3c1d9-b17d-46a1-b168-a1ebf1a645f3
  9. Snip screenshot returns partial blank screen on second monitors

10. Is it possible to take a screenshot/recording while the monitor is asleep or turned off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to take a screenshot/recording while the monitor is asleep or turned off?: If I set Xbox Game Bar to record a game, and then turn the PC monitor off, everything between the monitor turning off and it turning back on again will display the same frame the image that was on the screen right before the monitor was turned off. Taking screenshots with...