Windows 10: How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C?

Discus and support How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I moved Documents Folder from C to D. The subfolders under Documents Folder were all moved to D but C is still full and nothing changes in size. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FaisalAldawli, Dec 5, 2022.

1. How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C?

I moved Documents Folder from C to D. The subfolders under Documents Folder were all moved to D but C is still full and nothing changes in size. When I moved the Document Folder to D, I didn't create a Documents folder but randomly and directly to D. Now I want to restore to previous version, I found only old versions of 2019. How can I handle such issue and cancel the action I took?

:)

FaisalAldawli, Dec 5, 2022

2. How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C?

I moved Documents Folder from C to D. The subfolders under Documents Folder were all moved to D but C is still full and nothing changes in size. When I moved the Document Folder to D, I didn't create a Documents folder but randomly and directly to D. Now I want to restore to previous version, I found only old versions of 2019. How can I handle such issue and cancel the action I took?

FaisalAldawli, Dec 6, 2022
  3. How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C?

1. Open D:\ in File Explorer.

2. Right-click on an empty area in the folder and click Properties.

3. Select the Location tab.

4. Click "Restore Default"

5. Click Apply.

6. When you see the following message, click Yes.

- - -

Create Folder

The folder "C:\Users\Username\Documents" does not exist.

Would you like to create it?

- - -

7. Click NO when you see the following message: (important step!)

- - -

Move Folder

Do you want to move all of the files from the old location to the new location?

Old location: d:\

New location: C:\Users\Username\Documents

We recommend moving all of the files so that programs needing to access the folder’s content can do so.

- - -

That's it. The shell folder is updated in the registry.

8. Move the files manually from D:\ to "C:\Users\%username%\documents"

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 6, 2022
  4. How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C?

How to Move Files (not Apps) from C to D?

I’m asking this common question because of the many different explanations on how to move data files (not apps) from C to D. Some instruct use Windows Explorer, right click Folder > Properties > Move Location; others suggest drag and drop, or copy and paste from C to D. Some say to use command scripts or registry changes, or Partitions. What is the safest way?

• Do I also need to make any changes to my Shell Folders and/or User Shell Folders too?
    • Finally, for the Folder Change Location method, some instruct to move location to D:\Documents, for example. Why wouldn’t the path be D:\users\NAME\Documents?
    Many Thanks! Michael

Michael AP, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C?

1. How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C? - Similar Threads - restore Moved Documents

2. How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C?: I moved Documents Folder from C to D. The subfolders under Documents Folder were all moved to D but C is still full and nothing changes in size. When I moved the Document Folder to D, I didn't create a Documents folder but randomly and directly to D. Now I want to restore to...
  3. How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to take back/restore Moved Documents Folder from D to C?: I moved Documents Folder from C to D. The subfolders under Documents Folder were all moved to D but C is still full and nothing changes in size. When I moved the Document Folder to D, I didn't create a Documents folder but randomly and directly to D. Now I want to restore to...
  4. Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...: Hello,I wanted to move my documents folder to D drive as my C drive was filling up. I see Documents folder at 2 places -- 1in C:\users\username\Documents2 in the space above the drives in the This PC window in windows explorer, also in quick access in the left menu in windows...
  5. Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...: Hello,I wanted to move my documents folder to D drive as my C drive was filling up. I see Documents folder at 2 places -- 1in C:\users\username\Documents2 in the space above the drives in the This PC window in windows explorer, also in quick access in the left menu in windows...
  6. Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\

Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\: Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\.And im not allowed to uncheck 'Pictures' in Choose Folders in Settings in OneDrive, beceause Camera Roll is blocking.Fix?SincerelyNiels...
  7. Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\: Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\.And im not allowed to uncheck 'Pictures' in Choose Folders in Settings in OneDrive, beceause Camera Roll is blocking.Fix?SincerelyNiels...
  8. Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive

Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive: I have not been able to move my documents folder from my C drive, which is a solid state drive, to my D drive, which is a regular hard drive. I've tried going into the folder properties and changing the location, but it doesn't move. I do not have One Drive installed on my...
  10. Move OneDrive folder from C to D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move OneDrive folder from C to D: New Dell PC with HD C512GB and D2TB and can't figure how to move OneDrive to D HD as default place to keep all files/pictures, etc. will not let me change location. thanks...