Windows 10: How to take ownership of system files via CMD?

Discus and support How to take ownership of system files via CMD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Google failed me this, people mentioned using setacl/subinacl, but no idea, how to use it. Running typical commands as admin does not work for system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TairikuOkami, Aug 24, 2015.

1. How to take ownership of system files via CMD?

Google failed me this, people mentioned using setacl/subinacl, but no idea, how to use it.
    Running typical commands as admin does not work for system folders/files. Like those:

takeown /f "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender" /a /r /d y
    icacls "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender" /grant Mikai:f /t /c
    icacls "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender" /setowner "Mikai" /t /c

EDIT: Got it, better late than never. For the current user and for admins. *Smile

Code: takeown /s %computername% /u %username% /f "%SystemDrive%\Users\Public\Desktop" /r /d y icacls "%SystemDrive%\Users\Public\Desktop" /grant:r %username%How to take ownership of system files via CMD? :(OI)(CI)F /t /l /q /c takeown /f "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /a /r /d y icacls "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /inheritance:r /grant:r AdministratorsHow to take ownership of system files via CMD? :(OI)(CI)F /t /l /q /c[/quote]

:)

TairikuOkami, Aug 24, 2015
  2. RPG17A Win User

How do i take ownership of my files?

Hi

You forgot to say thank you, there is no excuse for ignorance Mr.

RPG17A, Aug 24, 2015
  3. RPG17A Win User
    How do i take ownership of my files?

Hi

Click this LINK and see if it any use to you.

RPG17A, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

How to take ownership of system files via CMD?

1. How to take ownership of system files via CMD? - Similar Threads - ownership system files

2. Can't take ownership of system 32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't take ownership of system 32: Hello dear people,i recently got an error that many of you know 0xc000007b,to fix it i need to paste some new dll files in system 32 to repair the appEpic Games Launcher that i need to open i need to have ownership on system 32 folder,i am the administrator of this pc,and i...
  3. Cant take ownership of system 32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant take ownership of system 32: Hello dear people,i recently got an error that many of you know 0xc000007b,to fix it i need to paste some new dll files in system 32 to repair the appEpic Games Launcher that i need to open i need to have ownership on system 32 folder,i am the administrator of this pc,and i...
  4. Cannot take ownership of a file

Cannot take ownership of a file: Hi, I am trying to take ownership of a file with no current owner and tried to take ownership as the administrator, but no matter what I do, the it keeps "no current owner" in its properties. I have tried to change the ownership by "Replacing all child object permission...
  5. Taking ownership of a file as the administrator

Taking ownership of a file as the administrator: I am moving files from my old computer to my new computer and Adobe files will not copy. They need administrator permission. Currently the only person allowed on the new computer is the administrator. What to I have to do to change the ownership in Properties>Security?...
  6. Take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  7. Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell: Hi ! I have a little problem. In my workplace we use Win 10 IOT LTSB. I have a task that i must clear the safeboot funkction of the Windows system. I googled for solving the problem, and i get answer that i must change registry key names...
  8. Taking ownership of a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking ownership of a file: Some time ago a had file that required only one click to take ownership of another file. I would just right click on the file I was interested in and select "take ownership." It would then make a change in the registry and give me addess to that file. Does anyone here know...
  9. Take Ownership folders and files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take Ownership folders and files: Since I got the update for Windows 10 for 1809 version I need to take ownership for many folders and files I want to use. I could some help for this. I know there used to be some software that would do this for you. Does anyone know what software that would be and where to...
  10. Take Ownership folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Take Ownership folders and files: Since I got the update for Windows 10 for 1809 version I need to take ownership for many folders and files I want to use. I could some help for this. I know there used to be some software that would do this for you. Does anyone know what software that would be and where to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. takeown /s %computername% /u %username% /f %SystemDrive%\Users\Public\Desktop /r /d y