Windows 10: How to tell if Hyper-V VM is Generation 1 or Generation 2

Discus and support How to tell if Hyper-V VM is Generation 1 or Generation 2 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Hyper-V allows you to create a virtual machine and install whichever operating system you like on it. These VMs can be Generation 1 or 2 that you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 16, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

How to tell if Hyper-V VM is Generation 1 or Generation 2

How to tell if Hyper-V VM is Generation 1 or Generation 2 [​IMG]
    Hyper-V allows you to create a virtual machine and install whichever operating system you like on it. These VMs can be Generation 1 or 2 that you need to set when creating the machine, however, there can be instances where you have created the machine but are not sure what they are. In this post, […]

This article How to tell if Hyper-V VM is Generation 1 or Generation 2 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 16, 2024

2. Hyper V generic Error

Hyper V quick create leads to a generic error. I had a vm installed but this failed and now I cannot recreate one. How do I fix this?

JustinLackie, Jun 16, 2024
  3. thename Win User
    Hyper-V : only generation 1 VMs install OS

Thanks. No kind of Hello sign-in ever has been set up. In Hyper-V Mgr I disabled enhanced mode,
    created another generation 2 VM, same booting problem.
    Immediately I created a generation 1 VM, all other settings same, it boots.

thename, Jun 16, 2024
  4. cereberus Win User

Hyper-V : only generation 1 VMs install OS

How did you create the iso?

cereberus, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

1. How to tell if Hyper-V VM is Generation 1 or Generation 2 - Similar Threads - tell Hyper Generation

2. Issue with Generation 2 Hyper-V machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Generation 2 Hyper-V machines: For several weeks, I have been encountering a problem in the migration process of our virtual machines VMs from an Azure host to VMware cloud director. During the migration, all Hyper-V VMs that use SCSI disks fail to start. After consulting various forums, I suspect that the...
  3. Issue with Generation 2 Hyper-V machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Generation 2 Hyper-V machines: For several weeks, I have been encountering a problem in the migration process of our virtual machines VMs from an Azure host to VMware cloud director. During the migration, all Hyper-V VMs that use SCSI disks fail to start. After consulting various forums, I suspect that the...
  4. Issue with Generation 2 Hyper-V machines

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows installation freezes using Generation 2 in Hyper-V.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installation freezes using Generation 2 in Hyper-V.: In Hyper-V Windows 10 installed correctly using Generation 1. Trying to install Windows 10 or 11 using Generation 2 the installation freezes on boot preventing install. Can someone please help me with the knowledge to correct this issue....
  6. Windows installation freezes using Generation 2 in Hyper-V.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installation freezes using Generation 2 in Hyper-V.: In Hyper-V Windows 10 installed correctly using Generation 1. Trying to install Windows 10 or 11 using Generation 2 the installation freezes on boot preventing install. Can someone please help me with the knowledge to correct this issue....
  7. "Generation^2" bluescreen...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Generation^2" bluescreen...: So I got a bootmgr corrupted message and opted to reinstall windows 10 via disc. Followed the instructions and waited, instead of the installation menu I get a bluescreen with "Generation^2" written on the bottom left. Cannot escape this fate no matter how many times I try,...
  8. Hyper-V : only generation 1 VMs install OS

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V : only generation 1 VMs install OS: Win10 Pro 2004. Standalone computer. In August I created a generation 2 VM that installed 2004 into vhdx drive without problem. Yesterday and today, a dozen generation 2 VMs, configured identically to the August VM and using same 2004.iso file, would not install the OS....
  9. Can't native boot Hyper-V generation 2 vhdx

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't native boot Hyper-V generation 2 vhdx: If I create a generation 1 VM I can native boot the vhdx by adding bcd entry. If I make a generation 2 VM it fails with "a required device isn't connected...0xc0000225". Pressing f8 for "Startup Settings" gives "The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a...
  10. See if Hyper-V Virtual Machine is Generation 1 or Generation 2

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if Hyper-V Virtual Machine is Generation 1 or Generation 2: How to: See if Hyper-V Virtual Machine is Generation 1 or Generation 2 How to See if Hyper-V Virtual Machine is Generation 1 or Generation 2 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be...