Windows 10: How To Tell If My Computer Has Been Hacked?

Discus and support How To Tell If My Computer Has Been Hacked? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, how do I tell if someone has hacked my computer? I noticed some of my emails had been deleted (not by me) and my internet speeds seem to have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdamFletcher3, Sep 16, 2019.

1. How To Tell If My Computer Has Been Hacked?

Hi, how do I tell if someone has hacked my computer? I noticed some of my emails had been deleted (not by me) and my internet speeds seem to have dropped a lot recently.

How do I know if I've been hacked?

I guess I need to change my banking password as the first step.

:)

AdamFletcher3, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Laronge Win User

Hacked computer

My computer was hacked and I lost my admin rights. I tried doing a recovery, but that failed. Incomplete. Can't get to lock screen anymore

Any suggestions?

Laronge, Sep 16, 2019
  3. R.Mike Win User
    Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

How To Tell If My Computer Has Been Hacked?

Computer was hacked.

Hi Windy,

There are a few steps that we can apply to remove that malicious software from your computer. Before we proceed with the troubleshooting, we'd like to know the following:

• Do you have other admin user profiles on your computer?
    • Were you able to access desktop screen?
    • Is your computer still connected to a public network?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

How To Tell If My Computer Has Been Hacked?

1. How To Tell If My Computer Has Been Hacked? - Similar Threads - Tell Computer Has

2. The computer has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer has been hacked: Computer has been hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-has-been-hacked/09b7c204-3752-407d-885c-4b2047cf5bee
  3. The computer has been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer has been hacked: Computer has been hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-has-been-hacked/09b7c204-3752-407d-885c-4b2047cf5bee
  4. Has my computer been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has my computer been hacked?: I updated my Windows 10 and “Best Dullicate Photos” and “CCleaner” automatically downloaded on to my computer without my ever choosing so. Has my computer been hacked?...
  5. Has my computer been hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has my computer been hacked?: I updated my Windows 10 and “Best Dullicate Photos” and “CCleaner” automatically downloaded on to my computer without my ever choosing so. Has my computer been hacked?...
  6. Has my computer been hacked?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Computer has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer has been hacked: There is a rambler.ru account on my computer that I didn't add and my microsoft account got deleted and I was wondering how I could get this account off my computer I tried a clean install of windows but it didn't work....
  8. Has my computer been infected or hacked?

Has my computer been infected or hacked?: Hello. I am on a PC running windows 10. Last night, I was batch renaming some files and suddenly found that my computer was taking a long time to process the last request. The files I was renaming were on another drive that is sometimes sluggish. I ended up checking out my...
  9. My computer has been hacked by a Trojan.

My computer has been hacked by a Trojan.: Today5/18/20 my computer was acting funny, it kept going to yahoo instead of google. I was wondering what happened, and when I looked it up, other people who had the same issue said it was a virus. So I installed Malwarebytes, and scanned my system and found 1 PUP, and 2197...
  10. My computer has been hacked

My computer has been hacked: My computer has been hacked and a hidden user has gained access. In an effort to delete default users, there are several now, I still cant find out how or where they are. I have disabled network sharing and turned off Wi-Fi and so far I haven't detected the...