Windows 10: How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light

Discus and support How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a lot of searches, it's apparent that many manufacturers have taken away the indicator light for CapsLock/NumLock. How lovely. Today, I found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pilotgal, May 24, 2019.

1. Pilotgal Win User

How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light

After a lot of searches, it's apparent that many manufacturers have taken away the indicator light for CapsLock/NumLock. How lovely. Today, I found a free third-party tool that works great. TrayStatus will put the little display icons back on the screen for you.

Yes, I know that lots of people will say, "Windows never had that!" Uh-huh. Well, whether it was MS Office, or MS Word, or whatever software had it, it used to be displayed on your screen as an icon. Not anymore. So, without an icon on the screen or an indicator light, it is now impossible to tell, at-a-glance, if either button is ON or OFF.

Try TrayStatus. Works for me and it's free.

:)

Pilotgal, May 24, 2019
  2. heyoheyo Win User

How to disable Capslock and Numlock indicators Windows 10

I just got a new Lenovo Ideapad running Windows 10. All things considered it's a fine operating system, and I'm having only minor, fixable problems. Except for this.

How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light [​IMG]

How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light [​IMG]

These indicators are giant and distracting to the most annoying possible degree. I have tried following other tutorials to get rid of this: going into Advanced Display Settings, only to find that it has been taken out of this version by the Microsoft Geniuses; Another thread mentioned Logitech Unifying Software, something I cannot even find; I've looked in the Ease of Access center and other keyboard and software related settings, all with no luck.

I just want these irritating indicators gone!

heyoheyo, May 24, 2019
  3. heyoheyo Win User
    heyoheyo, May 24, 2019
  4. How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light

How can I repurpose the NumLock light to instead show when the Kana modifier is active?

I've come to the realization that the NumLock key is useless. As far as I can tell, its sole reason for existing is to cause me several seconds of frustration whenever I accidentally turn it off.

In my crusade against this malicious key, I made it automatically enabled at startup, and used KbdEdit to remap it to the Kana modifier key, which is apparently an obscure modifier similar to Ctrl or Shift, except that it can be toggled on/off like CapsLock or NumLock. This is great and has allowed me to add some useful new functionalities to my keyboard, but now the NumLock light is perpetually lit, redundantly signifying my always-on NumLock status.

And so, as a final step in this battle for practicality, I'd like to repurpose this light to show whether or not the Kana modifier is currently active. How can I go about doing this?

In order of significance, an ideal solution:

1. Works consistently
    2. Uses minimal external software
    3. Works on multiple versions of Windows

Ryan Hilbert, May 24, 2019
Thema:

How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light

1. How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light - Similar Threads - Tell NumLock CapsLock

2. Icon on off capslock and numlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon on off capslock and numlock: how do i disable icon when i on/off a capslock and numlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-off-capslock-and-numlock/403760f0-b26c-4573-907b-5896786814aa
  3. Icon on off capslock and numlock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon on off capslock and numlock: how do i disable icon when i on/off a capslock and numlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-off-capslock-and-numlock/403760f0-b26c-4573-907b-5896786814aa
  4. Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn off the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So the...
  5. Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key, off.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So...
  6. Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo

Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn off the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So the...
  7. Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo

Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key, off.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So...
  8. CapsLock and NumLock indicator on display works fine, but microphone indicator is disturbing.

CapsLock and NumLock indicator on display works fine, but microphone indicator is disturbing.: Microphone toggle button always keeps flickering in monitor. Even though I have tried turning off mic access to the system.Some times it stop automaticallynot for too long, but most of the time I have to restart. It must be a bug. please fix this.Hey, hey. While writing this,...
  9. CapsLock and NumLock indicator on display works fine, but microphone indicator is disturbing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CapsLock and NumLock indicator on display works fine, but microphone indicator is disturbing.: Microphone toggle button always keeps flickering in monitor. Even though I have tried turning off mic access to the system.Some times it stop automaticallynot for too long, but most of the time I have to restart. It must be a bug. please fix this.Hey, hey. While writing this,...
  10. How to disable Capslock and Numlock indicators Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Capslock and Numlock indicators Windows 10: I just got a new Lenovo Ideapad running Windows 10. All things considered it's a fine operating system, and I'm having only minor, fixable problems. Except for this. [img] [img] These indicators are giant and distracting to the most annoying possible degree. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Caps Lock Display

2. abc caps lock lonovo

3. i dont have any idegator light of numlock or capslock so what i do