Windows 10: How to tell if Offline defender scan ran successfully?

Discus and support How to tell if Offline defender scan ran successfully? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to run the "offline scan". It rebooted, looks like it did something, and then looks like it booted to normal windows. According to what I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkTiede, Dec 4, 2019.

1. MarkTiede Win User

How to tell if Offline defender scan ran successfully?

I tried to run the "offline scan". It rebooted, looks like it did something, and then looks like it booted to normal windows.

According to what I could find on the web, it should have put a log file in "C:\windows\Microsoft\Antimalware\Support" folder, but that folder doesn't exist.

Is the log somewhere else? Did the scan actually run? Was it successful, or did some malware prevent it from running?

:)

MarkTiede, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Dec 4, 2019
  4. pericles Win User

Windows Defender offline scan won't run

Start an Offline Scan with Windows Defender from PowerShell

Check the above link.

That may not solve the problem.

- Does Windows Defender online scan work ? If so, have you ran a full scan and may want to do a 3rd party AV scan.

- Are you receiving WD updates and is your system current with all regular updates ? (open Windows Security for the scan options and scroll down)

- If all fails, may want to try a System Restore or reset Windows.

pericles, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How to tell if Offline defender scan ran successfully? - Similar Threads - tell Offline defender

2. How to Run Scan with Windows Defender Offline?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Run Scan with Windows Defender Offline?: Hi all. Is there anyone that can inform me on how to do a offline scan with windows10 defender. Before the update feature there was a do offline scan feature. Thanks for any help. [Original Title:...
  3. Window defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window defender Offline Scan: I want to do offline scan but my system is asking me for the Bitlocker recovery key of 10th Oct. 2019 whereas the one available in my Ms account is that of 26th Nov. 2018. As a result of this I could not go on with the offline scanning. Please I need help to resolve this...
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan

Windows Defender Offline Scan: Hello. I have problem with my Windows Defender. When I try to do a Windows Defender Offline Scan, it wants reboot the PC and I accept that. Than it reboots and the blue screen, which has some box tells "Windows Defender Offline Scan", and scans for two seconds. Than it...
  5. no record of defender offline scan

no record of defender offline scan: I requested an offline scan. Looked like it was working and system rebooted but there is no history of the scan. All I see is that a quick scan completed 3 days earlier. Where is the history of the scan?...
  6. Windows Defender Offline scan

Windows Defender Offline scan: Hello I have tried running the Windows Defender Offline scan. The scan works to the extent that the device closes down, disconnects from the 'Internet' the scan begins then the device just powers down (switches off) out of know where. If that makes any séance. The...
  7. Ran Offline Virus Scan, Can Find No Results of Scan

Ran Offline Virus Scan, Can Find No Results of Scan: Windows 10 Pro: Tried running an offline scan today on a newly-built PC. When I returned I found Windows had booted to the desktop but there was no 'results' report on what offline scan had found or didn't find. How do I get the results of an offline scan?...
  8. Windows Defender offline scan

Windows Defender offline scan: What's the consensus on the WD offline scan, any good? 124404
  9. Windows Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Offline Scan: Hello. I have been cleaning my Windows 10 laptop of junk files and decided to do an offline scan. When my laptop restarted, instead of the usual offline scan that I see everytime I do it, I saw a blue screen where a message “Your PC/device needs to be repaired.” I inserted my...
  10. Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?: I use Kaspersky antivirus plus periodic scanning by Defender to benefit from US & Russian security technologies. I spotted there is a Defender option for offline scanning. Is there any advantage in using this compared to the periodic scanning option? 89931