Windows 10: How to tell if the Hard Drive is SSD or HDD in Windows 10

Discus and support How to tell if the Hard Drive is SSD or HDD in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You may have recently bought a hard drive, but then you are not confused if the hard drive is SSD or HDD. While the later is known for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 12, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to tell if the Hard Drive is SSD or HDD in Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 12, 2019

2. Confused about hard drives: HDD and SSD

Browsing through the Microsoft Store for a new pc, I see various hard drives listed, such as:

16GB eMMC

32GB eMMC

500GB 5400 RPM HDD

2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz

32GB SSD [?]

64GB SSD

I understand that solid state drives are good, though expensive. What I don't understand is what size of an SSD would be the equivalent of, say, a terabyte HD? It seems that 64GB is the largest SSD offered here. What size HDD would equal that capacity?

And, BTW, what is an eMMC?

Grandpa Jim, Jun 12, 2019
  3. little cat, Jun 12, 2019
  4. pjhinch Win User

Hard drive is recognised as SSD drive in windows 10.

Original Title: HTS Hard drive (HDD) now recognized as an SSD drive upon upgrade to win 10

DID an upgrade of a new hdd ---HGST HTS725050A7E630 HDD --500gb 7200rpm---Hitachi? to windows 10.

Fresh install of win 7 on this acer laptop worked and defragged correctly...on install of win10..hard drive now recognized as a ssd ,so won't defrag etc. how to fix?

pjhinch, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How to tell if the Hard Drive is SSD or HDD in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - tell Hard Drive

2. From SSD to HDD - how to tell Windows that?

in Windows 10 Support
    From SSD to HDD - how to tell Windows that?: My SSD died, so I used a backup to restore my PC on a HDD. The PC will boot, but it is VERY slow to do so. After Windows is booted, I tried to defragment the HDD, but Windows still think it is on a SSD, so it can't be "optimized". How do I inform Windows 10 that it is no...
  3. SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...: Hello! I took my old HDD from my broken computer and inserted it to my new one as storage drive. My primary drive is SSD and windows boots from it every time, but first time I inserted HDD, the computer booted up with no problems, but after a second restart, my computer is...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive: Can anyone tell me how to transfer Windows 10 From my standard hard drive to a new SSD hard drive. Thank you Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/transfer-windows-10-to-ssd-hard-drive/1185c915-abfb-4f58-b907-4418a1643ba8
  5. How to migrate windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to migrate windows 10 from HDD to SSD?: I installed my OS on my hard drive, but I just got an SSD. I want to migrate my os to the SSD, and aslo I wanted to migrate certain file (my Steam games). Not sure how to migrate the os or the particular files....
  6. SSD recognised as hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD recognised as hard drive: I have an SSD for my C drive and Windows tells me it's a hard drive, I know it's not because I can see it sitting inside my PC. I ran "winsat formal" in cmd twice and that did not fix it. windows also wants me to "optimise" it. so what do I do?...
  7. replace hard drive with SSD

replace hard drive with SSD: I have a laptop with a 1 TB hard drive. I am only using about 300 GB. Can I replace my 1 TB hard drive with a 500 GB SSD? 95323
  8. ssd hard drives not found in win 10

ssd hard drives not found in win 10: Hey all Have just spent 3 day's trying to install win 10 update (from win 7). I have now been able to do it but had to reinstall win 7 to a standard hard drive I am trying to clone it to my ssd drive now My problem is I have 2 sets of raid ssd drives and 1 off them...
  9. SSD as boot drive and HDD as storage drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD as boot drive and HDD as storage drive: I've researched high and low for a simple solution. I remember doing this on windows 7 with a registry hack back in the day, and it worked flawlessly. This is what I would like to do. I have a 500 gig SSD and a 1TB HDD. I would like all 600 gigs of user data to be on the HDD...
  10. Ssd win 10 drive + hdd program and file drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Ssd win 10 drive + hdd program and file drive: I have read many articles on setting up my SSD drive as my boot drive, and using my HDD for file and programs I don't need the speed for. I have read everything from moving users, files, and changing default locations using the registry, to just creating D:/program files...