Windows 10: How to tell if the person on the phone is ACTUALLY working as a legitimate Microsoft Partner

Discus and support How to tell if the person on the phone is ACTUALLY working as a legitimate Microsoft Partner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; With all these "Microsoft Certified Technical Support technicians" out there who turn out to be nothing more than money/identity thieves, do your... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BARKERNET, Oct 30, 2018.

1. BARKERNET Win User

How to tell if the person on the phone is ACTUALLY working as a legitimate Microsoft Partner

With all these "Microsoft Certified Technical Support technicians" out there who turn out to be nothing more than money/identity thieves, do your Microsoft approve technicians have ANY way of verifying they are in fact a genuine Microsoft Partner? A specific question people could ask the technician on the phone, such as a verifiable "ID Number" that changes day-to-day, that ONLY the REAL Microsoft Partners would have access to? Or, some other question people could ask to determine if they are being scammed or not? I know, I know, "Microsoft will NEVER call you about your computer, or anything else", but now the scammers are actually using YOUR support page (directing user's to support.microsoft.com/help), setting up a remote session and taking people's money? What does Microsoft and/or it's legitimate partners have or plan to implement as a remedy to this? Thank you for any clear concise response to the long-standing problem ruining thousands of people's lives.

:)

BARKERNET, Oct 30, 2018

2. Microsoft Partner? or scam?

Is Geek Studio, Inc 221` W Park Ave, Libertyville IL phone 844-557-5454 a legitimate Microsoft partner? Charged $400 for PC support

CotatiConfused, Oct 30, 2018
  3. snlrivera Win User
    myfasterpc.com, legitimate microsoft partner or scam?

Upon receiving a desktop warning containing error codes (0x80040201, 0x80073afc, and 0x000dW2300x), along with warnings not to shutdown my computer, etc., I search my phone for a Microsoft support networks phone number on Google. I clicked the call link
    on the first option, which gave a url of Microsoft.myphonesupport.com/, and subsequently allowed a rep access to my computer and paid 199.95 for a one year subscription. Can anybody tell me if I've been scammed, or if this is a legitimate Microsoft partnership
    to ensure integrity of home user systems? Thanks!

snlrivera, Oct 30, 2018
  4. How to tell if the person on the phone is ACTUALLY working as a legitimate Microsoft Partner

How can a "Microsoft Authorized Partner" status be verified?

I have spent more than an hour attempting to verify the Authorized Microsoft Partner status for PCDestination.com before purchasing a software license.

I have visited multiple sites including partnercenter.microsoft.com and chatted with a Microsoft partner representative who told me that he could not verify the partner without the "Partner ID". He also told me that "we do not release information about
    our partners".

He referred me back to the partnercenter website, however the Find a Partner menu item is useless.

This is a serious problem. An Authorized Microsoft Partner, Gold Partner, or whatever is of very limited value if it can not be verified. I still do not know if the software license would be valid or if they simply put an icon on the page knowing that
    no one can check it.

There should be a list of partners, a database, or someway to verify the status of a legitimate Microsoft Partner.

Please let me know if there is such a list. If so, it is not easily discoverable even with multiple searches and asking direction from Microsoft.

Come on, Microsoft. Help us out here a bit How to tell if the person on the phone is ACTUALLY working as a legitimate Microsoft Partner :)

Jesse-KT6FI, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

How to tell if the person on the phone is ACTUALLY working as a legitimate Microsoft Partner

1. How to tell if the person on the phone is ACTUALLY working as a legitimate Microsoft Partner - Similar Threads - tell person phone

2. How to contact a actual person at microsoft support?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to contact a actual person at microsoft support?: My childs age 12 ms/xbox account has been compomised and im trying to recover it, but the recovery method claims i have not provided enough info. the account is a child account on the family account, i was using my the parent account email as recovery, the account is linked...
  3. How to contact a actual person at microsoft support?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to contact a actual person at microsoft support?: My childs age 12 ms/xbox account has been compomised and im trying to recover it, but the recovery method claims i have not provided enough info. the account is a child account on the family account, i was using my the parent account email as recovery, the account is linked...
  4. How to contact a actual person at microsoft support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Legitimate Microsoft phone number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legitimate Microsoft phone number?: I got a popup that my computer was disabled. I did not call the number but looked for a Microsoft Help number and found 844-622-2589. Is that a legit Microsoft number? I ended up with Esource Software Solutions LLC. I gave them access and they used CCleaner Pro and Webroot to...
  6. Legitimate Microsoft phone number?

Legitimate Microsoft phone number?: I got a popup that my computer was disabled. I did not call the number but looked for a Microsoft Help number and found 844-622-2589. Is that a legit Microsoft number? I ended up with Esource Software Solutions LLC. I gave them access and they used CCleaner Pro and Webroot to...
  7. Is the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection Browser Extension actually legitimate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection Browser Extension actually legitimate?: Microsoft Defender Browser Protection: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/microsoft-defender-browse/bkbeeeffjjeopflfhgeknacdieedcomlHello fellow tech nerds and such, I like to stay being protected but I noticed something suspicious and just want to make sure. Is the...
  8. Is the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection Browser Extension actually legitimate?

Is the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection Browser Extension actually legitimate?: Microsoft Defender Browser Protection: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/microsoft-defender-browse/bkbeeeffjjeopflfhgeknacdieedcomlHello fellow tech nerds and such, I like to stay being protected but I noticed something suspicious and just want to make sure. Is the...
  9. Is the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection Browser Extension actually legitimate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Phone number or even online tech support from an actual Microsoft person?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Phone number or even online tech support from an actual Microsoft person?: Does anyone know how to get real help from Microsoft by phone. The phone number I have simply sends me to the website for help support which is not helping at all. Even a live person via email or online would be a blessing. Can anyone help? Please!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to know if a technicalserviceis legit

2. (888) 619-9555