Windows 10: How to tell if Windows Defender is installed on your computer?

Discus and support How to tell if Windows Defender is installed on your computer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been getting warnings that my computer is infected. But, the warnings came from McAfee. I thought maybe they were just saying it, to get me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Feb 14, 2020.

1. How to tell if Windows Defender is installed on your computer?

I've been getting warnings that my computer is infected. But, the warnings came from
    McAfee. I thought maybe they were just saying it, to get me paying, for their software?

But, you never know? I'm running Windows 10 Pro. And, I assume Windows Defender is
    installed? Again, I just don't know? I typed in a browser, install Windows Defender.
    Well, that gave 100's of answer how to check, etc.

Can anyone, send me a link, or tell me how to check, or how to install it, if necessary? Very confusing?

Thanks for reading . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Feb 14, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 14, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    What the hell, windows defender?

So, a while back I disabled windows defender via gpedit. Come to find out it's running again, and telling me my miner is a "severe" threat, despite still being disabled in gpedit. There's a few new entries related to windows defender in gpedit that didn't used to be there before. I'm guessing this happened during the big spring update. UAC keeps becoming re-enabled somehow, as well. For now I have a shitty registry key that's supposed to disable windows defender instead, hopefully it works.

Damn, Microsoft. They were pushing users to upgrade to 10 so hard, even resorting to plain trickery to get it on as many machines as possible. Now not only is it doing hardcore data mining in the background, but it's changing settings all on its own to whatever Microsoft wants. One step closer to pushing me to Ubuntu or something. I'd already be there if I didn't think it would be an arduous task learning how to computer all over again while simultaneously breaking a lot of games, which is mostly what I use this computer for...

Bill Gates needs to go back to Microsoft just so he can kick all the guys responsible for w10 squarely in the nuts. /rant

4. Arul_D Win User

How to tell if Windows Defender is installed on your computer?

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

How to tell if Windows Defender is installed on your computer?

1. How to tell if Windows Defender is installed on your computer? - Similar Threads - tell Defender installed

2. how to re-install windows defender that missing from computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to re-install windows defender that missing from computer?: after I updated security intelligence for windows defender, my windows defender had an error and couldn't be opened, after I tried to repair and reset windows security, my windows security actually disappeared from the computer. I have tried downloading from the Microsoft...
  3. how to re-install windows defender that missing from computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to re-install windows defender that missing from computer?: after I updated security intelligence for windows defender, my windows defender had an error and couldn't be opened, after I tried to repair and reset windows security, my windows security actually disappeared from the computer. I have tried downloading from the Microsoft...
  4. How can I tell Defender to ignore a PUA?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I tell Defender to ignore a PUA?: I keep getting this warningRestoro is a maintenance program which, for some reason, I trust. How can I tell Defender that it's okay?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-tell-defender-to-ignore-a-pua/dcd17c8f-75eb-4970-91b4-0b87b3aec6a9
  5. How can I tell Defender to ignore a PUA?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I tell Defender to ignore a PUA?: I keep getting this warningRestoro is a maintenance program which, for some reason, I trust. How can I tell Defender that it's okay?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-tell-defender-to-ignore-a-pua/dcd17c8f-75eb-4970-91b4-0b87b3aec6a9
  6. How to tell if your touchpad is damaged?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to tell if your touchpad is damaged?: Currently having some problems with the touchpad and cursor, cursor is stuck in the middle of the screen currently and can't move or click. This problem happened a few minutes after I did a cleaning of the touchpad with soap, water, and cloth. At first the cusor was alright...
  7. HOW TO TELL IF YOUR SSD IS DEAD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO TELL IF YOUR SSD IS DEAD: Hello so suddenly my ssd[IMG] can't be detected even on bios it can't be detected. While I try my other hdd which is also broken and it was detected on my bios so I been wondering if my ssd is dead? If I buy another hdd or ssd it will fix this problem?...
  8. What is Wi-Fi Direct and how to tell if your computer supports it

in Windows 10 News
    What is Wi-Fi Direct and how to tell if your computer supports it: [ATTACH]Wi-Fi Direct is nothing new, but more people are finally learning of it and what it can do, and that has a lot to do […] This post What is Wi-Fi Direct and how to tell if your computer supports it is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. [Guide] How to tell that your microphone is working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Guide] How to tell that your microphone is working on Windows 10: Step 1. Open Control Panel Step 2. Click Hardware and Sound Step 3. Click Sound Step 4. Click the Recording tab on the top Step 5. Double click your microphone Step 6. Click Listen tab on the top Step 7. Check Listen to this device box Step 8. Select your preferred...
  10. How to install Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to install Windows Defender: Hello there, I need to install Windows Defender and the whole Security Center to my system once again. Is there a way to do it, without system reset? Before you ask, it isn't just the matter of being disabled, stopped service, registry error or group policy setting (checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to tell if windows defender is installed