Windows 10: HOW TO TELL IF YOUR SSD IS DEAD

Discus and support HOW TO TELL IF YOUR SSD IS DEAD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello so suddenly my ssd[IMG] can't be detected even on bios it can't be detected. While I try my other hdd which is also broken and it was detected on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Man-wol, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Man-wol Win User

HOW TO TELL IF YOUR SSD IS DEAD

Hello so suddenly my ssdHOW TO TELL IF YOUR SSD IS DEAD [​IMG] can't be detected even on bios it can't be detected. While I try my other hdd which is also broken and it was detected on my bios so I been wondering if my ssd is dead? If I buy another hdd or ssd it will fix this problem?

:)

Man-wol, Apr 26, 2020
  2. mstenholm Win User

Is my SSD dead?

It happened about a month ago so I'm can't remember the exact details of how it died. I think I restarted the PC and the message was there I had no OS. Today I popped in my mirrored HD and was up running. I hocked up the SSD and restarted the PC but no sign of the SSD. Power is on (Zalman “hot swap” case has a power LED for each disk). I tried to find it in DOS but the drive is no where to be found. Any suggestions for a next step? It 1½ month past RMA but the important thing is to retrieve some of the files.

Transcend 120 GB, part of the Noisy one in my sig

mstenholm, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Apr 26, 2020
  4. HOW TO TELL IF YOUR SSD IS DEAD

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

HOW TO TELL IF YOUR SSD IS DEAD

1. HOW TO TELL IF YOUR SSD IS DEAD - Similar Threads - TELL SSD DEAD

2. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  3. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  4. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...: I have a Dell Laptop that had the HDD WIn 10 Pro crash the other day. When I put a new SSD in the Computer it finds it and wants to install. If I do that how will I get it activated without being able to access the old HDD? This computer was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from...
  6. How to tell if your touchpad is damaged?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to tell if your touchpad is damaged?: Currently having some problems with the touchpad and cursor, cursor is stuck in the middle of the screen currently and can't move or click. This problem happened a few minutes after I did a cleaning of the touchpad with soap, water, and cloth. At first the cusor was alright...
  7. What is SATA or NVMe SSD? How to tell if SSD is SATA or NVMe?

in Windows 10 News
    What is SATA or NVMe SSD? How to tell if SSD is SATA or NVMe?: The storage world can be a confusing place, particularly for those trying to learn the basics. It’s a difference that might not seem like a big deal, but it can really affect how your system runs. Today we are talking about SATA-based SSD and NVMe-based SSD. What are the...
  8. Dead Macbook's SSD for Windows PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dead Macbook's SSD for Windows PC: I have a dead Macbook Air and have removed the M.2 ssd. Can I use it for my windows PC attaching to Motherboard which has a spare m.2 slot. (for extra storage and not OS) If yes, what are the steps I need to follow? Please help submitted by /u/vikrant_ [link]...
  9. From SSD to HDD - how to tell Windows that?

in Windows 10 Support
    From SSD to HDD - how to tell Windows that?: My SSD died, so I used a backup to restore my PC on a HDD. The PC will boot, but it is VERY slow to do so. After Windows is booted, I tried to defragment the HDD, but Windows still think it is on a SSD, so it can't be "optimized". How do I inform Windows 10 that it is no...
  10. How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?: Hey ,Everyone general question how can you tell if a Power Surge Protector is dying It seems that i am having a issue with mine #1 Random shut downs and restarts #2 Computer attempts to turn on but power dies ,I'll ,move the stripe power comes back These are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to check if ssd is dead