Windows 10: How to tell if your touchpad is damaged?

Discus and support How to tell if your touchpad is damaged? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Currently having some problems with the touchpad and cursor, cursor is stuck in the middle of the screen currently and can't move or click. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Even Ron, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Even Ron Win User

How to tell if your touchpad is damaged?

Currently having some problems with the touchpad and cursor, cursor is stuck in the middle of the screen currently and can't move or click. This problem happened a few minutes after I did a cleaning of the touchpad with soap, water, and cloth. At first the cusor was alright but my touchpad doesn't have a middle line showing what's right or left. I tapped the left side but the touchpad counted it as a right click and not left. The only way I could do a left click was to tap on the edge of the left touchpad. Few minutes after that my cursor had disappeared. I tried system restore and it was stil

:)

Even Ron, Jun 18, 2021
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 18, 2021
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Jun 18, 2021
  4. How to tell if your touchpad is damaged?

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

How to tell if your touchpad is damaged?

1. How to tell if your touchpad is damaged? - Similar Threads - tell touchpad damaged

2. How remove your irresponsible and damaging public posting of my confidential information in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How remove your irresponsible and damaging public posting of my confidential information in...: Microsoft has compromised my privacy AND security by publishing my private email address inside a help request article. How do I or YOU remove URGENTLY.Please advise URGENT....
  3. How remove your irresponsible and damaging public posting of my confidential information in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How remove your irresponsible and damaging public posting of my confidential information in...: Microsoft has compromised my privacy AND security by publishing my private email address inside a help request article. How do I or YOU remove URGENTLY.Please advise URGENT....
  4. How to tell what program is stealing your focus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to tell what program is stealing your focus?: I can’t do anything because something is stealing focus, how do I find this program? submitted by /u/purpleMoneys89 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi5rpd/how_to_tell_what_program_is_stealing_your_focus/
  5. HOW TO TELL IF YOUR SSD IS DEAD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO TELL IF YOUR SSD IS DEAD: Hello so suddenly my ssd[IMG] can't be detected even on bios it can't be detected. While I try my other hdd which is also broken and it was detected on my bios so I been wondering if my ssd is dead? If I buy another hdd or ssd it will fix this problem?...
  6. How to tell if Windows Defender is installed on your computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to tell if Windows Defender is installed on your computer?: I've been getting warnings that my computer is infected. But, the warnings came from McAfee. I thought maybe they were just saying it, to get me paying, for their software? But, you never know? I'm running Windows 10 Pro. And, I assume Windows Defender is installed? Again,...
  7. [Guide] How to tell that your microphone is working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Guide] How to tell that your microphone is working on Windows 10: Step 1. Open Control Panel Step 2. Click Hardware and Sound Step 3. Click Sound Step 4. Click the Recording tab on the top Step 5. Double click your microphone Step 6. Click Listen tab on the top Step 7. Check Listen to this device box Step 8. Select your preferred...
  8. YOUR SYSTEM IS DAMAGED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    YOUR SYSTEM IS DAMAGED: I keep getting this message (SYSTEM WARNING - YOUR WINDOWS SYSTEM IS DAMAGED in a box vaguely resembling Microsoft) advising me that the whole world and my files are being deleted unless I update a damaged Windows 10. Now I am aware this is a scam of sorts but how do I stop...
  9. How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?: Hey ,Everyone general question how can you tell if a Power Surge Protector is dying It seems that i am having a issue with mine #1 Random shut downs and restarts #2 Computer attempts to turn on but power dies ,I'll ,move the stripe power comes back These are...
  10. Frequently reinstalling OS damage your machine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequently reinstalling OS damage your machine?: As titlle said. Does frequently reinstalling an operating system damage your machine? Especially your hard drive. 74471