Windows 10: how to tell what devices are on my network

Discus and support how to tell what devices are on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to tell devices on my network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dlipari, Nov 22, 2019.

1. dlipari Win User

how to tell what devices are on my network

how to tell devices on my network

:)

dlipari, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

how to tell what devices are on my network [​IMG]

putermaker, Nov 22, 2019
  4. how to tell what devices are on my network

Network will not show on the last device.

Hi James,

I suggest you to remove all the networks that are connected to your device and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems. If you recently upgraded to
    Windows 10, it's possible that the current driver was designed for a previous version of Windows. Check to see if an updated driver is available.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.

• In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the network adapter, and then select Update Driver Software >
      Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.

• After installing the updated driver, select the Start
      how to tell what devices are on my network [​IMG]
      button >
      Power > Restart if asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. If your PC can't connect to the Internet, you'll need to download a driver on a different PC and save
    it to a USB flash drive, so you can install the driver on your PC. You’ll need to know the PC manufacturer and model name or number.

Rely us with the status to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

how to tell what devices are on my network

1. how to tell what devices are on my network - Similar Threads - tell devices are

2. how to tell what a paint 3D file is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to tell what a paint 3D file is: recently due to extrenous circumstance I have been forced to reset paint 3D now to preserve my work I wish to gain my most recent project A challenger 2 MBT which cannot be opened by paint 3D due to the fact that it shall cause paint 3D to crash as soon as I interact with the...
  3. how to tell what a paint 3D file is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to tell what a paint 3D file is: recently due to extrenous circumstance I have been forced to reset paint 3D now to preserve my work I wish to gain my most recent project A challenger 2 MBT which cannot be opened by paint 3D due to the fact that it shall cause paint 3D to crash as soon as I interact with the...
  4. How to make my network device be detected

How to make my network device be detected: I started having an issue with my wifi on my desktop, there was no wifi showing up even though my ethernet is plugged in, I had the router checked out and it got replaced which still did not fix the issue. Many sources have told me to use command prompts, install drivers,...
  5. How to make my network device be detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make my network device be detected: I started having an issue with my wifi on my desktop, there was no wifi showing up even though my ethernet is plugged in, I had the router checked out and it got replaced which still did not fix the issue. Many sources have told me to use command prompts, install drivers,...
  6. How to tell if my network adapter supports MAC randomization?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to tell if my network adapter supports MAC randomization?: I'm using Windows 10 latest version and I can't find the option anywhere. How do I check if my wifi adapter or any adapter supports MAC randomization? Thanks!...
  7. How To Tell What Verison an SM App is?

How To Tell What Verison an SM App is?: For all the MS apps like for Photos, Weather, etc.? I see nothing to tell them this. At least in the Apple App store, they list the new version, plus the date the version was released and the version history. Thanks. 23116
  8. How to tell what type of display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to tell what type of display: Under all the old Windows programs you used to be able to go to display settings and be able to tell which type of monitor and display was which example a Samsung monitor or a Sony TV monitor it used to tell you in the detect portion, you could tell exactly which was...
  9. How to tell what's running on network

How to tell what's running on network: I'm running Win 10 Pro 64bit AE and I've noticed that something has been down/up loading over my network at 64KB/sec for the last several hours. However, none of my programs that I would associate with the network - browsers, Steam, Origin, etc - were running. I have tried...
  10. What is this network device?

What is this network device?: I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it). I clicked on the device and was able to view the...