Windows 10: How to tell what program is stealing your focus?

Discus and support How to tell what program is stealing your focus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can’t do anything because something is stealing focus, how do I find this program? submitted by /u/purpleMoneys89 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/purpleMoneys89, Jun 29, 2020.

1. How to tell what program is stealing your focus?

I can’t do anything because something is stealing focus, how do I find this program?

submitted by /u/purpleMoneys89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/purpleMoneys89, Jun 29, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Stealing

Hello Brenda,

It seems that Microsoft Word is currently set as the default program to open your documents. To avoid opening it Word, we suggest that you set your preferred program to open these files. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select System.
    • On the left panel, click on Default apps.
    • Click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Scroll down and look for .doc on the list of file types.
    • Choose the program you want to open these documents with.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jun 29, 2020
  3. wrong bios programmed on my card what now?

are you kidding? or is this being lost in language barriers?(if so, then id suggest trying google translateon the list above, or reading it several times, im sorry that i cant help with that part) the PCIe slot is what you need, thats where you plug the GPU into. follow the step by step guide, that is your solution. VGA= Video Graphics array, or adapter in this case, AKA GPU, Aka, Video Card.

The 2nd gpu acts as a way to boot into OS since you're not able to do so with the damaged GPU. I don't know what your system specs are but if you have onboard graphics enable them in your bios and then reset your PC or do it after a reset depending on what your motherboard requires that will allow you to boot into your operating system then follow the steps after number three in the list above.( note that if you do not have built-in graphics on your CPU this is where you will use a second GPU )

i hope this helps......Best of luck, i have 35minutes to get dressed, and be on a transport to Kessel.......another day covered in Spice, *Frown How to tell what program is stealing your focus? :( (atleast im working in the Refinery *Wink How to tell what program is stealing your focus? ;) )

jboydgolfer, Jun 29, 2020
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

How to tell what program is stealing your focus?

sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

Thema:

How to tell what program is stealing your focus?

1. How to tell what program is stealing your focus? - Similar Threads - tell program stealing

2. mstsc.exe stealing focus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mstsc.exe stealing focus: Hello.I have a problem on my Windows 11 PC. Whenever I do anything on my PC, a program called mstsc.exe steals focus of my opened window. This happens every few minutes. The program is located in C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe. I used this program:...
  3. mstsc.exe stealing focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mstsc.exe stealing focus: Hello.I have a problem on my Windows 11 PC. Whenever I do anything on my PC, a program called mstsc.exe steals focus of my opened window. This happens every few minutes. The program is located in C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe. I used this program:...
  4. Black Window Stealing Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Window Stealing Focus: First off, from what I can tell this is some sort of window. Windows can display over top of it, but only by bringing up or forcing the OS to show a window or item by hovering mouse over taskbar icon. The black window also is not fullscreen as anything being displayed behind...
  5. SearchUI Stealing Focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchUI Stealing Focus: Hi, I've recently started playing RDR2 but every few minutes SearchUI.exe steals focus from the game. From what I've read, you are unable to uninstall Cortana or rename to stop the process from running. Has anybody had a similar issue and been able to resolve? Windows...
  6. Focus stealing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus stealing: I have an application that has drop down menus for work. (like a status change from started to completed) And if I have the work application open, and I open any other application, Skype, Internet explorer, Chrome anything, AFTER the work app is running, I can no longer use...
  7. Windows Updater Steals Focus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updater Steals Focus: When playing games via Steam every hour or so the game would mysteriously minimize or at the very least drop out of full screen for a couple of seconds. After a lot of research and debugging I was able to track the problem down to Windows Updater stealing focus. This is...
  8. turn off focus stealing

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off focus stealing: Hey, how do i turn off focus stealing ? i have already in regedit under ForegroundLockTimeout set 30d40, but still when i am in game for example, pop out windows steal focus and minimizes the game. I don't know about anything else. Is there any way how to turn this off. Thank...
  9. Disabling Apps/Programs from Focus Stealing

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Apps/Programs from Focus Stealing: This is a general inquiry about how to disable specific programs' ability to steal focus/move their windows to front in windows 10. There used to be a registry you could edit to disable this I believe, but was removed for Windows 7(?) and apparently editing it (I've read [1])...
  10. Windows 10 programs steal focus, prevent?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 programs steal focus, prevent?: Windows 10 programs steal focus, a way to prevent from doing? Also what is the point? Does it serve a good purpose that I just don't see? *Confused 55662