Windows 10: How to tell which graphics adapter is active

Discus and support How to tell which graphics adapter is active in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am working on a laptop with 2 graphics adapters, the on processor Intel 3000, and an Nvidia 610M. Is there a quick and easy way to see which adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by TV2, Dec 18, 2020.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

How to tell which graphics adapter is active

I am working on a laptop with 2 graphics adapters, the on processor Intel 3000, and an Nvidia 610M.

Is there a quick and easy way to see which adapter is actually being used in windows?

:)

2. graphic adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

• Are you able to login to the desktop screen?

• Does the issue persist on desktop screen as well?
    Let us try to update the graphic adapter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the Graphics Card and click on
      Update Driver Software.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Local Area Connection adapter and graphics card problems

Hi Doug,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

"Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" is the default graphics from Microsoft, it states that the graphics driver is having issues or outdated.

• C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll
    • C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll

Both of the above files are related to NVidia.

We suggest you to visit NVidia website to download the latest graphics drivers for the computer:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/global/global.php

You might have to visit the computer manufacturer website and check for any latest drivers for Windows 10 and install it on the pc.

Check for Network adapter driver and Graphics drivers and install it.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Dec 18, 2020
  4. batlhilz Win User

passive or active adapter

in order not to fail, i suggest strongly active adapter. that way you can be sure the stuff is fixed correctly by the electrics.

batlhilz, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How to tell which graphics adapter is active - Similar Threads - tell graphics adapter

2. Graphics adapter not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics adapter not found: I downloaded second extinction in my pc and tried to launch it. But it said you have a machine with less than 8 gb ram your game might crash-freeze fail to launch etc. I have 8gb 5.9 gb usable ram with 4gb of ram free every time.I will just click continue. And then comes rhe...
  3. Graphics adapter not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics adapter not found: I downloaded second extinction in my pc and tried to launch it. But it said you have a machine with less than 8 gb ram your game might crash-freeze fail to launch etc. I have 8gb 5.9 gb usable ram with 4gb of ram free every time.I will just click continue. And then comes rhe...
  4. How to detect which graphics adapter has monitors connected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to detect which graphics adapter has monitors connected: We have an issue with some Dell Wyse thin clients running W10 2019. The devices are fitted with an onboard Intel UHD 605 display adapter with full size display port outputs and an AMD Radeon E9173 with mini DP outputs. Most have their monitors connected to the dedicated AMD...
  5. Is there a way to tell different processes which network adapter to use?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to tell different processes which network adapter to use?: Tl;dr: I'd like to access both a local network over my Ethernet and the internet over my WiFi connection. Is there a way to tell Chrome/Firefox/terminal/explorer/... processes which interface they should be using when I want to access a resource? I frequently need to connect...
  6. Graphic display adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic display adapters: There has recently been a kerfuffle over graphics devices failing my first n PC's post upgrade to Windows 10. While I am almost certain there is long standing g technical and or security reasoning behind this failure, it may be useful for there to be a posted list of...
  7. Which adapter?

Which adapter?: I recently installed a video card in my pc and need advice on where to find an adapter to connect mu VGA cable to the sound card. photo attached.
  8. How to tell which license I have?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to tell which license I have?: Hi, I have a windows laptop with operating system partition wiped. How can I tell which OS should I install? Only clue I have is a sticker in the bottom of the computer saying "Pro Windows" Laptop is Dell Latitude E7450...
  9. How to tell which version of Windows 10 is on a usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to tell which version of Windows 10 is on a usb: A while back someone asked if there was a way to find out what version of Windows 10 was on a usb. He was told it was not possible. I found the answer on How To Geek ---...
  10. Which graphic card....

Which graphic card....: Which graphic card should i buy for best performance about gamess.......?? about 40-50 euro or lower... Thanks a lot...*Smile and gj*chuckle 102475