Windows 10: How to tell which license I have?

Discus and support How to tell which license I have? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a windows laptop with operating system partition wiped. How can I tell which OS should I install? Only clue I have is a sticker in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kari Hyvönen, Mar 22, 2019.

1. How to tell which license I have?

Hi,

I have a windows laptop with operating system partition wiped.

How can I tell which OS should I install?

Only clue I have is a sticker in the bottom of the computer saying "Pro Windows"

Laptop is Dell Latitude E7450

:)

Kari Hyvönen, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Mar 22, 2019
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 22, 2019
  4. How to tell which license I have?

Update of an app fails due to "licensing problems"

Hello El-Gunsito - everyone.

For the symptoms you are describing, I would suggest the following steps:

• Delete the app from the Phone by tapping and holding on the app and then tapping “delete”.
    • Go back to Marketplace and reinstall the app.
    If that doesn’t work:

• Turn off the phone, remove the battery for 30 - 60 seconds, replace the battery and restart the phone. Removing the battery may not be absolutely necessary but I don't want to tell you to try it later How to tell which license I have? :)
    • Repeat the first 2 steps above.
    Let us know if this works.

Best regards.

J Woods - MSFT, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

How to tell which license I have?

1. How to tell which license I have? - Similar Threads - tell license

2. Why is Microsoft technical support telling me I have to buy a new license when all I did...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Microsoft technical support telling me I have to buy a new license when all I did...: Why is Microsoft technical support telling me I have to buy a new license when all I did was replace a motherboard? So ive paid you full price for Windows 10, it is connected digitally to my microsoft account and because I had to replace a bad motherboard now I am also...
  3. Why is Microsoft technical support telling me I have to buy a new license when all I did...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft technical support telling me I have to buy a new license when all I did...: Why is Microsoft technical support telling me I have to buy a new license when all I did was replace a motherboard? So ive paid you full price for Windows 10, it is connected digitally to my microsoft account and because I had to replace a bad motherboard now I am also...
  4. Why is Microsoft technical support telling me I have to buy a new license when all I did...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I actually tell if a license is oem or retail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I actually tell if a license is oem or retail: OK, I asked a similar question already.Basically, according to cmd's slmgr command, my windows key is on the retail channel.However we bought the computer a while ago, a year or so after windows 10 first released.I'm really confused, since it's telling me it's a retail copy,...
  6. How can I actually tell if a license is oem or retail

How can I actually tell if a license is oem or retail: OK, I asked a similar question already.Basically, according to cmd's slmgr command, my windows key is on the retail channel.However we bought the computer a while ago, a year or so after windows 10 first released.I'm really confused, since it's telling me it's a retail copy,...
  7. How can I actually tell if a license is oem or retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Windows started telling me to activate my license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows started telling me to activate my license: I first got my copy of Windows back in 2013 with a Windows 7 OEM license pre-installed, I then upgraded it to Windows 10 when that became an option and up to this point I have had no problems with it.In January, I believe exactly 60 days ago, I transferred my OS to a new SSD...
  9. Windows started telling me to activate my license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows started telling me to activate my license: I first got my copy of Windows back in 2013 with a Windows 7 OEM license pre-installed, I then upgraded it to Windows 10 when that became an option and up to this point I have had no problems with it.In January, I believe exactly 60 days ago, I transferred my OS to a new SSD...
  10. Windows started telling me to activate my license