Windows 10: How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall

Discus and support How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to download a game I know is safe but I'm being "protected" by my antivirus. None of the articles I have read so far have been helpful.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkBarrett9, Feb 18, 2021.

1. How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall

I am trying to download a game I know is safe but I'm being "protected" by my antivirus. None of the articles I have read so far have been helpful.

:)

MarkBarrett9, Feb 18, 2021

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Is it safe to disable Firewall?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that disabling the firewall will be on the users own risk and we recommend to turn on the Firewall when using any applications especially those which requires internet access. I suggest you to check whether the client works
    fine with Firewall turned on.

Important Note: Antivirus software or Firewall can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus
    software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 18, 2021
  4. How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall

Firewall & Antivirus Issues

Hi desiree!!!

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern? JUST THE UPDATES YOU CAN SEE ON THE SCREENSHOT, NOTHING ELSE...

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? RESTARTING COMPUTER ONLY
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to enable the said applications? NO ERROR MESSAGESARE BEING RETRIEVED WHEN FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS ARE ENABLED, NOTHIMG HAPPENS WHEN THEY'RE CLICKED

Chris Alvarado, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall

1. How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall - Similar Threads - temporarily disable antivirus

2. Can I temporarily disable firewalls for a few minutes?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I temporarily disable firewalls for a few minutes?: What are the risks that I will be exposed to if I immediately enable the firewalls after disabling it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-temporarily-disable-firewalls-for-a-few/438bbab0-913c-4666-83e2-119642116a20
  3. Can AntiMalware be temporarily disabled?

Can AntiMalware be temporarily disabled?: Can I temporarily disable antimalware? I keep my Win 10 PC up to date. Sometimes it gets extremely slow. When I open Task Manager, it indicates Antimalware is running and using all my memory, and the end task box is not available. It would be nice to be able to stop...
  4. How to exclude files from antivirus or firewall?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to exclude files from antivirus or firewall?: Hi, anytime I try to exclude some folders in the virus protection settings, I’ll get to the point where I choose the folder I want to add and I’m click yes when it asks if I want the program to make changes to make my computer and nothing will happen. The exclusion list just...
  5. antivirus/firewall protection

antivirus/firewall protection: will another virus protection like Norton interfere with the windows firewall etc how are they compatible and is it necessary to have both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirusfirewall-protection/154c365d-95f3-454f-85a8-7ea043e0a190
  6. Disabling certain applications temporarily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling certain applications temporarily: Is there a program that allows me to temporarily disable certain applications/services while I am running something? Just wanna use that to stop my anti-virus program (and some other stuffs as well) while I'm playing a game. I often find it annoying because it constantly...
  7. Stack Firewalls/antiviruses

Stack Firewalls/antiviruses: Is there any options and variants to stack some firewalls with windows defender! I know there is I did it before, but I don't remember the name of the firewall/antivirus! I mean not to use both antivirus and firewalls at the same time with windows security -...
  8. Firewall and antivirus

Firewall and antivirus: How can I have both my antivirus' firewall - (Kaspersky) and Window defender's firewall at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-and-antivirus/d17b9b0e-76fb-434f-8a57-2d186544c643"
  9. Should I temporarily disable antivirus when making system image backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Should I temporarily disable antivirus when making system image backup: I plan on making dual system image backups of the main C drive on my computer (which is running Windows 10) with the Windows Backup and Restore Center and Macrium Reflect Free. It was only after (seemingly successfully) making my first system image backup with the Windows...
  10. temporarily disable indexing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    temporarily disable indexing: I suspect that windows indexing might be causing the short, intermittent freezes that I have been experiencing. I want to test it. I went to services and stopped windows search. But I see that the process SearchIndexer.exe is still running. What is the right way to do...