Windows 10: How to Test a Windows 10 Recovery Drive?

Discus and support How to Test a Windows 10 Recovery Drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I believe I have created a Recovery Drive for my Windows 10 laptop. How do I test if this Recovery Drive will successfully start my laptop if I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RuthReed1, May 29, 2020.

1. RuthReed1 Win User

How to Test a Windows 10 Recovery Drive?

I believe I have created a Recovery Drive for my Windows 10 laptop. How do I test if this Recovery Drive will successfully start my laptop if I have trouble starting it?

:)

RuthReed1, May 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 29, 2020
  3. OldGrantonian, May 29, 2020
  4. How to Test a Windows 10 Recovery Drive?

Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 29, 2020
Thema:

How to Test a Windows 10 Recovery Drive?

1. How to Test a Windows 10 Recovery Drive? - Similar Threads - Test Recovery Drive

2. Recovery Drive is full! How to free up space on Recovery Drive in Windows 11/10?

in Windows 10 News
    Recovery Drive is full! How to free up space on Recovery Drive in Windows 11/10?: [IMG]Recovery Drive is a special partition on the hard drive, which usually contains all the required files that can fully restore your Windows PC in case your system becomes unstable for any reason. It is essential; why so? The answer is pretty simple! Unfortunately, if your...
  3. test recovery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    test recovery drive: I just created a Recovery Drive on a USB Flash Drive for my Windows 10 Pro laptop. How can I test whether the recovery drive is functional, without messing up the existing OS , files, and applications? Thanks....
  4. How to test 3.5" floppy disks and drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to test 3.5" floppy disks and drive?: My Windows 10 PC has a 3.5" floppy drive, and I have a few old boxes of disks here. I want to to a full format and verify on the floppy disks to verify that they are good, and that the floppy drive is working OK. Other than the built in formatter (does it verify?) are there...
  5. How to recover Windows 10 on the correct drive using the recovery drive?

How to recover Windows 10 on the correct drive using the recovery drive?: I bought an SSD, but I want to install the OS which is provided by my computer manufacturer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-windows-10-on-the-correct-drive/c9cdd743-5f72-482d-824a-653996dbe4db
  6. Test hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Test hard drive: Hi, My hard drive [2TB new] takes about 3 minutes to stop making a slight noise at bootup. How can I test a hard drive or figure out why it makes noise for about 3 minutes? Thanks, Joe Delaney Win Version 1909 162464
  7. Test hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Test hard drive: Hi, My hard drive [2TB new] takes about 3 minutes to stop making a slight noise at bootup. How can I test a hard drive or figure out why it makes noise for about 3 minutes? Thanks, Joe Delaney Win Version 1909 162464
  8. Windows 10 Recovery Drive

Windows 10 Recovery Drive: I tried using a 32G drive to create a Recovery Drive. I used the instructions in Windows 10. But, I finally get the message "can't create recovery drive." What is the problem?...
  9. Windows 10 recovery drive

Windows 10 recovery drive: About 6 months ago I was having problems with my Surface Pro 4 so wiped the drive & re-installed from an ISO that I downloaded to a USB stick. Since then, I have had various problems like short life battery, blue screens & others. I would like to have a go at re installing...
  10. Windows 10 recovery drive

Windows 10 recovery drive: Windows 10, all updates. I am trying to create a recovery drive. I have opened the utility, but it is stalled - it has been saying "please wait" for more than 30 minutes. It hasn't even asked for a USB drive destination. I've tried restarting the laptop, same issue....