Windows 10: How to test built in Mic on Windows 10

Discus and support How to test built in Mic on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Built in mic is not working on my lap top. I would like to find out how to fix this? Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nadarajah Thirugnanasothy, May 19, 2019.

1. How to test built in Mic on Windows 10

Hi,

Built in mic is not working on my lap top. I would like to find out how to fix this? Thank you

:)

Nadarajah Thirugnanasothy, May 19, 2019

2. Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

Hi all,

I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop.

I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built into my earbuds, but when I use these earbuds on my phone I am able to use the microphone seamlessly.

For further information, the default recording device on my computer is listed as Realtek High Definition Audio, and I've done several tests to confirm that it is indeed the mic that is built into my Asus laptop.

Much thanks and cheers.

ThomasJeong, May 19, 2019
  3. Built in mic not working

Hi Ravindran,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing in-built mic on your device, we will help with this issue.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all
      and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Uninstall and Update the driver.

This issue might have also occurred due to corrupted drivers hence, I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 19, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

How to test built in Mic on Windows 10

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, May 19, 2019
Thema:

How to test built in Mic on Windows 10

1. How to test built in Mic on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - test built Mic

2. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  3. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  4. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  5. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  6. Mic test not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic test not working: I just recently bought a new laptop and when I plug in my earphones, I hear normally but others cant hear me. The mic test doesn't work either and I've tried every suggestion I found online but nothing helped. Everything works fine when the earphones aren't plugged in and...
  7. Headset mic Test

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic Test: I purchased a headset Frontech model no HF-3442 which has two pins one red and one is green when i insert both the pins I can hear the sounds from the computer but my mic of the headset is detected by the computer but when i speak anything it is not able to recognise...
  8. How to use built in mic to use as mic for voice recognition for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use built in mic to use as mic for voice recognition for Windows 10?: While setting up voice recognition, Windows asks you to select out of two options, 'use built in mic' or 'set up mic'. I want to use the built in microphone for voice recognition. When you select Get Started, a pop up advises that you need to set up your microphone first,...
  9. How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?: Hello, I am currently using a laptop with a dual audio port (one for audio output and one for audio input - microphone). Last week I bought the HyperX Cloud Earbuds, its mic worked perfectly on my mobile phone but didn't work as well on the laptop. I bought a audio splitting...
  10. Problem with built-in mic

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with built-in mic: I upgraded a system on my Kiano tablet but the built-in mic is not recognized. I tried all the methods I could find to make the mic work but the only one that works is using Bluetooth...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BUILT IN MIC TEST IN LAP TOP