Windows 10: How to test macrium backup

Discus and support How to test macrium backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am somehow not understanding how to do this. I have Macrium Free and I created a backup on DVD and an image of the C:/ drive on an external WD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by robbyk333, Jan 11, 2019.

1. robbyk333 Win User

How to test macrium backup

I am somehow not understanding how to do this.

I have Macrium Free and I created a backup on DVD and an image of the C:/ drive on an external WD drive. All appears good.

Macrium says test the backup to ensure it works. So I connect the ext HD and put the DVD in the drive.

With my dell, I go to Settings / Recovery / Advanced Startup Options (or something like that). It says click this to boot into a DVD or USB or other options. I do and the pc goes to a screen and I click the one with a pic of DVD and USB. It says select a device and then lists Onboard NIC (IPV4) and Onboard Device NIC (IPV6), I click either and PC restarts and boots into windows as normal.

Today I went into the BIOS via F2 at startup and, again, my only options for Boot Option Priorities are

Boot Option #1 Windows Boot Manager
    Boot Option #2 Onboard NIC IPV4
    Boot Option #3 Onboard NIC IPV6

Where's the boot into DVD?

Am I missing something? My ol' gray mare (and onboard brain) ain't what she used to be so I suspect I am. How do I test the Macrium backup and image? Or how do I boot into a DVD as a test on this Dell?

Many thanks! Robby

:)

robbyk333, Jan 11, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How to test macrium backup [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 11, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    What if macrium reflect backup fail

If a drive has important files on it and there is a Macrium backup image that has never been tested what are the steps to perform partition recovery if the drive is no longer bootable? (Windows recovery can not find the drive)
    And how could you test the Macrium backup image?

zbook, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How to test macrium backup - Similar Threads - test macrium backup

2. How can I test Macrium Reflect Free backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How can I test Macrium Reflect Free backup?: Because my Windows 10 pro crashed an became unbootable recently, I decided to be a little more proactive. To my dismay I found that Macrium Reflect Free does not support file backup, nor could I find a way to find and replace a file in the disk image backup I had made. I...
  3. Modified Macrium backup

Modified Macrium backup: Dell Inspiron 15 5565, Win 10 Home I want to create a Mactium backup, but it's going to be huge unless I can properly modify it. I tried to use a USB with 28gb free space as the destination, but it wasn't enough [img] My first question is can I just image the first 4...
  4. Macrium Backup restore: how reliable?

Macrium Backup restore: how reliable?: 1. All my docs, pictures etc. are on the internal spinning HD. I have made a Macrium backp of my C drive (its a 250 GB SSD) every week for years and I have a bootable Macrium startup DVD. I did two trial restorations a few years ago which were successful. However, after a...
  5. Macrium Backup error

Macrium Backup error: I was getting system hanging problem in my windows 10 for quite a days (my system is dual boot with two hard disk, one XP and other Windows 10). I already have macrium backup image but I tried to take a new backup of my windows 10 system drives with the free version from...
  6. test backup

test backup: Run Macrium Reflect free, Backup 10 into USB HDD, how do you test this backup really runs? 70898
  7. Macrium installation & backup

Macrium installation & backup: Hello Forum, An hour ago I installed Macrium, after instl. it made (burned) a rescue dvd. I am trying to make my first backup to the system, but first I want to consult with my 'teachers', After installation please see screenshot "macrium - 01.jpg", there are 2 disks, C:...
  8. How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?

How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?: I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report. [img] The report says the last " full system backup to usb hdd" was run on 14/11/16 and was successful. However when I look at the file...
  9. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...
  10. How to simulate a disaster in order to test a Macrium backup?

How to simulate a disaster in order to test a Macrium backup?: . I have Win 10 Pro on a brand-new Dell Vostro. I've reduced the C: partition, and used the resulting space to create an E: partition for my data. I've installed all my usual day-to-day programs. I've created a Macrium image of the entire disk, but without the E:...