Windows 10: How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

Discus and support How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys, After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mars_Hell, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Mars_Hell Win User

How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

Hi guys, After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit". Nothing about it in picture viewer options...The auto resize to 100% is very annoying when i watch many pictures in a folder.Thanx for help !

:)

Mars_Hell, Jun 14, 2022
  2. JeffyB Win User

Images in picture viewer always zooming in

Hi. Often when I view an image in the Windows 10 picture viewer, it will zoom in to the max, and I cannot zoom it out.

A possible related symptom is seen in some lists in the start menu, like when when I right-click Microsoft Word to see a list of my recent documents, there is a white rectangle that appears over one option and when I touch the arrow keys, the rectangle immediately scrolls to the bottom of the list. Also, anything that appears in the center of the Settings window will immediately scroll to the bottom, as if a key were stuck, but my keyboard is fine.

When I restart my PC the problem disappears but then comes back again soon.

My OS build is 19042.746

Thanx in advance for any help.

JeffyB, Jun 14, 2022
  3. Windows Picture Viewer and Windows 10

Hello Marie,

Windows Photo Viewer isn't part of Windows 10, but if you upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you might still have it. To check, press and hold (or right-click) a photo in File Explorer, and select Open with.
    If Windows Photo Viewer isn't in the list, you cannot install it on Windows 10.

The Photos app in Windows 10 does the same things Photo Viewer did, and more.

• Press Ctrl + the mouse wheel to zoom in or out. Change mouse wheel settings in More > Settings.
    • To browse photos within a folder, open a photo from the Folder view or File Explorer, then swipe right or use the arrow keys to see the next item.
    • Click on a photo to show the buttons at the top, including Zoom, Delete, Rotate, Edit, Share, and Print. Press and hold (or
      right-click) for more commands, such as View file info, View actual size, Zoom to fit, and Set as lock screen.

Open the Photos app from the button below.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Jun 14, 2022
  4. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

Windows 10 Picture viewer [Fixed]

I have a problem that whenever I open any still photo, JPG PNG, TIF etc etc with the standard windows 10 picture viewer it just keeps zooming in until it get to its maxed out size. But even then it just keeps trying to magnify the image even further. It
    kind of bounces back & forth.

If I click on edit the zooming stops and the photo reverts back to normal size without it trying to zoom.

But soon as ever I close edit it starts zooming in again & it will continue to go on doing it indefinitely.

Then I tried the old photo viewer (that was the standard viewer in win 7) to open these image files & there is no problems at all. If you look in program defaults the old windows 7 photo viewer is still there thankfully.

The other problem is that while in win 10 picture viewer when I click on slideshow every photo on the PC flashes past at super speed (about 10 images per second) it is almost a blur.

LanceDickchops, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

1. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ? - Similar Threads - toggle zoom fit

2. “zoom to fit screen” dose not stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “zoom to fit screen” dose not stick: How to make “zoom to fit screen” button Keep the photo stay like that wile moving to next photo? It doesn’t stick like it’s use to on windows 10 ! Now it’s Windows 11I believe it’s a bug !...
  3. “zoom to fit screen” dose not stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “zoom to fit screen” dose not stick: How to make “zoom to fit screen” button Keep the photo stay like that wile moving to next photo? It doesn’t stick like it’s use to on windows 10 ! Now it’s Windows 11I believe it’s a bug !...
  4. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi.After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit"; it zooms to fit only if I press Ctrl+0 or press that option on the top of the image but then the next image is...
  5. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi.After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit"; it zooms to fit only if I press Ctrl+0 or press that option on the top of the image but then the next image is...
  6. Windows Photos - how to have "Zoom to Fit" always on when opening pictures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photos - how to have "Zoom to Fit" always on when opening pictures: Is there a way to enable an always-on Zoom to Fit for pictures in Photos? I don't like opening pictures to see the actual size of them (most of my pics are small/smaller and some way too big) so would be more convenient if they would all zoom to fit automatically and it...
  7. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi guys, After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit". Nothing about it in picture viewer options...The auto resize to 100% is very annoying when i watch many...
  8. Images in picture viewer always zooming in

Images in picture viewer always zooming in: Hi. Often when I view an image in the Windows 10 picture viewer, it will zoom in to the max, and I cannot zoom it out. A possible related symptom is seen in some lists in the start menu, like when when I right-click Microsoft Word to see a list of my recent documents, there...
  9. how to keep windows picture viewer

how to keep windows picture viewer: With the latest updates, once again, Windows changes from picture viewer to photos. I'm on Win10pro v 200 Any permement way to keep windows from doing this or do I have to keep changing it back? thanks. Mark 167489
  10. Windows 10 picture viewer Slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 picture viewer Slow: I have facing an issue, the windows 10 picture viewer loading very slow, seem like hang. take > 10 mins to load a picture It was happen on the first day i get my new PC.. my harddisk is HDD. beside than open picture slow. the windows File Explorer Win + E it will be...