Windows 10: How to transfer a storage pool (data & drives), from a older pc, to a new pc?

Discus and support How to transfer a storage pool (data & drives), from a older pc, to a new pc? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to transfer a storage pool (data & drives), from win10 64 pro, to a new pc, win10 64 Education edition. FYI: The existing storage pool has not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hvacpro_Dan, Aug 20, 2019.

1. How to transfer a storage pool (data & drives), from a older pc, to a new pc?

How to transfer a storage pool (data & drives), from win10 64 pro, to a new pc, win10 64 Education edition.
    FYI:
    The existing storage pool has not been upgraded since it was created approximately a year and 1/2 ago.

No storage pools are set up on the new system at this time.

thanks in advance

Hvacpro

:)

Hvacpro_Dan, Aug 20, 2019
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. paulis109 Win User
    How do you recover old files /data prior to a Storage Pool (Delete pool is the only option thus far)

I am looking for any suggestions as I have spent nearly 20+ hours working with MS and reading through blogs and creating/deleting storage pools to simulate scenarios.

Basically I had storage pool that had a "Retired" drive and when working with Microsoft they asked me to use a USB drive and attach to existing storage pool to remove the other.

Adding the USB Drive (2 TB w/ 1.5 existing backup data) sorta worked but ended up having to remove the storage pool and recreate.

However the old pool still shows my old drives + the one "OK" good USB Drive that is part of the pool. But the Storage pool is "Red" and has an error of Inaccessible; check the physical drives section and only allows me to delete the pool.

I do NOT want to delete in fear (and tested) that it will remove my USB backup drive from the storage but also make my data inaccessible (data on the drive prior to being part of the pool. 2-way mirror

I purchased data recovery software and scanned the drives and see some of the data but the name/file structure seems a little off and my preference would be to be able to access my original files on the USB (Videos and pictures mainly) and delete the useless
    storage pool.

Does anyone know how to access data prior to being part of a storage pool or find a safe way to remove/delete a pool from a s

paulis109, Aug 20, 2019
  4. How to transfer a storage pool (data & drives), from a older pc, to a new pc?

New pc. Need to transfer data from original hard drive to new Windows 10 pc.

Hi,

Have new pc. Old pc failed [motherboard]. Need to transfer data from old pc hard drive to new Windows 10 on new pc. Please advise.

Thanks,

Joe

jdelaney77, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

How to transfer a storage pool (data & drives), from a older pc, to a new pc?

1. How to transfer a storage pool (data & drives), from a older pc, to a new pc? - Similar Threads - transfer storage pool

2. How to transfer a 40TB Windows Storage Spaces pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer a 40TB Windows Storage Spaces pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a...: Both PCs are running Windws 10 Pro and both are updated to version 22H2. Do I need to use Windows Storagw Spaces to select 'prepare drive for removal' on all 3 drives and then turn off the old PC with the pool before detaching the 3 drives?After attaching all 3 drives in the...
  3. How to transfer a 40TB Windows Storage Spaces pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer a 40TB Windows Storage Spaces pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a...: Both PCs are running Windws 10 Pro and both are updated to version 22H2. Do I need to use Windows Storagw Spaces to select 'prepare drive for removal' on all 3 drives and then turn off the old PC with the pool before detaching the 3 drives?After attaching all 3 drives in the...
  4. How to transfer a 40TB Windows Storage Spaces pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to transfer a 40TB storage pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a older pc, to a...

How to transfer a 40TB storage pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a older pc, to a...: Both PCs are running Windws 10 Pro and both are updated to version 22H2. Do I need to select prepare drive for removal on all 3 drives and the turn off the old PC with the pool before detaching the 3 drives?After attaching all 3 drives in the new PC what do I need to do/avoid...
  6. How to transfer a 40TB storage pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a older pc, to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer a 40TB storage pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a older pc, to a...: Both PCs are running Windws 10 Pro and both are updated to version 22H2. Do I need to select prepare drive for removal on all 3 drives and the turn off the old PC with the pool before detaching the 3 drives?After attaching all 3 drives in the new PC what do I need to do/avoid...
  7. How to transfer a 40TB storage pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a older pc, to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how to transfer everything from pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to transfer everything from pc to new pc: how to transfer everything from pc to new pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-everything-from-pc-to-new-pc/9d3f9425-b388-4280-9304-8dc884284a38
  9. How do i transfer data from old pc to new pc

How do i transfer data from old pc to new pc: how do transfer data from old pc to new pc ...both using windows * Moved from Education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-data-from-old-pc-to-new-pc/e08239d7-1014-4f63-8e61-8b0d9af90618"
  10. Old PC to New PC data transfer

Old PC to New PC data transfer: Purchased new desktop and need help with identifying best way to transfer my data from the old PC to the new PC, I have about 600 GB to move. Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-pc-to-new-pc-data-transfer/775ca607-298c-4f3b-adb1-cad8d7e4c5a6"