Windows 10: How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

Discus and support How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Dell laptop has died. It was originally supplied with a Windows 8 Home OEM licence, upgraded to Windows 10 Home then I bought a license to upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Steve C, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

My Dell laptop has died. It was originally supplied with a Windows 8 Home OEM licence, upgraded to Windows 10 Home then I bought a license to upgrade to the Pro version.

I need to buy a new laptop which will come with a Windows 10 Home licence. Can I reuse the Pro upgrade licence currently linked to the dead laptop for the new laptop and how do I transfer the licence? I can’t remember the T&Cs of the Pro upgrade licence.

:)

Steve C, Aug 13, 2019
  2. NayAung Win User

Windows 10 Pro licence transfer to another PC

My current desktop PC has Windows 10 Pro installed. It was upgraded from its predecessor, Windows 7 Pro. However, it will be scrapped soon as I'm building a gaming PC now.

How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro to my new gaming PC? What are the technical steps as Win 10 doesn't seem to have the licence key?

Thank you.

NayAung, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro Licence entitlement

Hi, thank you, this is what I was looking for.

You do good work here, thank you.

Nicholas

You can transfer the license to another computer though:

• How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

btw: this Licence transfer I am trying to do is for my brother who is living in China and I am not sure what kind of Licence this is. So some history. I bought this PC along 4 others from a Recycling depot with the Windows 7 Pro Licences restuck with cellotape
      onto the sides of the cases. I activated all the Licences before the free Windows 10 upgrade ended and all upgraded ok.

The numbers on this Licence is 548048-001 and the licence is labelled HP.

So I am now guessing they are all activated a second time on the computers I bought.

So maybe they will not activate again for my brother.

Spwiggles88, Aug 13, 2019
  4. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

Will I be able to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to another computer?

My upgrade path is as follows, and I'm trying to determine if I can transfer my Windows 10 Pro licence:

• Bought PC[1] with Windows 7 Home, and then purchased an upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro

during a promotion
    • Bought PC[2] with Windows 8.1 Home, and transferred the Windows 8.1 Pro to the new machine (rolling back PC[1] to the original Windows 7 Home licence)
    • Updated PC[2] to Windows 10 Pro this fall.
    • Bought PC[3] over Boxing day with Windows 10 Home.
    Can I now transfer the Pro licence from PC[2] to PC[3] (rolling back PC[2] to Windows 8.1 Home, and then upgrading to Windows 10 Home?

Bipedalmammal, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

1. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence - Similar Threads - transfer Pro Upgrade

2. Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.: So basically I've had the same issue as the person in this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-and-activate-a-windows-10-pro-license-on/9b61f3e4-132d-4831-92d2-e2aa7966a914my old laptop was a macbook pro 2012 running windows via bootcamp....
  3. Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.: So basically I've had the same issue as the person in this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-and-activate-a-windows-10-pro-license-on/9b61f3e4-132d-4831-92d2-e2aa7966a914my old laptop was a macbook pro 2012 running windows via bootcamp....
  4. Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer

Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer: I am from Norway and can only get windows 10 pro N and not windows 10 pro. However, when I upgraded from my purchased windows 8 license to windows 10 pro I received only windows 10 pro and not the pro N version. So now my account is linked to a windows 10 pro account digital...
  5. Windows Pro - transfer of licence

Windows Pro - transfer of licence: I purchased Windows Pro on my old lap top through the Microsoft store. I am no longer using this laptop and I want to transfer the licence onto my new laptop. I have signed into my Microsoft account and I can see the licence in my order history. I have checked the emails and...
  6. Windows 10 Licence transfer

Windows 10 Licence transfer: Hi, I have a Windows 10 licence I purchased with my latpop. The licence sticker with code is on the bottom of the laptop. Can I transfer this licence to a new PC I will be buying?...
  7. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence: My Dell laptop has died. It was originally supplied with a Windows 8 Home OEM licence, upgraded to Windows 10 Home then I bought a license to upgrade to the Pro version. I need to buy a new laptop which will come with a Windows 10 Home licence. Can I reuse the Pro upgrade...
  8. Transfering a licence to my upgraded PC

Transfering a licence to my upgraded PC: Hi, I've recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU. I read a bit about the licensing stuff before I upgraded and came to the conclusion that my license is connected to my Microsoft account and that the troubleshoot option will fix my problem. The problem is it didn't and...
  9. Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence

Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence: I bought a product key for Windows 10 Pro and used it. I then upgraded my PC. The new PC only had Win 10 Home and I want to transfer my licence to the new PC. I tried entering the Product Key and it did not want to accept it (the product key you entered didn't work. check...
  10. Transfer of Windows 10 Licences

Transfer of Windows 10 Licences: I have recently scrapped three old PCs, all of which were running Windows 10 Pro and/or Home Editions. The licences were acquired under the free upgrade policy. Can any of these Windows 10 licences be transferred to another Windows 7 Pro machine? Is so, how can this be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer windows 10 pro licence