Windows 10: How to transfer an upgraded Windows 10 license

Discus and support How to transfer an upgraded Windows 10 license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I built my current computer back in 2012, and had bought a Windows 7 Pro Home retail license. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 when it was offered.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tarissky, Apr 28, 2020.

1. tarissky Win User

How to transfer an upgraded Windows 10 license

I built my current computer back in 2012, and had bought a Windows 7 Pro Home retail license. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 when it was offered. I'm building a new computer now, and have read that I can transfer this license at least once. I've found websites that give an overview of the process, but it glosses over how to do the actual install as in, do I get a USB stick and stick an ISO file on it, and where do I get that file?. I don't know what my full license key is for Windows 10, but I still have it for Windows 7. How would I go about doing this?

:)

tarissky, Apr 28, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Apr 28, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Apr 28, 2020
  4. How to transfer an upgraded Windows 10 license

Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

How to transfer an upgraded Windows 10 license

1. How to transfer an upgraded Windows 10 license - Similar Threads - transfer upgraded license

2. How to transfer a Windows 10 digital license after an upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer a Windows 10 digital license after an upgrade?: I'm planning on upgrading almost all of my parts in the PC. I've checked that my license is digital and the prompt Slmgr /dli shows that the license is retail. The question is: how do I transfer this license? Do I need to remove the current device from my Microsoft account or...
  3. How to transfer a Windows 10 digital license after an upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer a Windows 10 digital license after an upgrade?: I'm planning on upgrading almost all of my parts in the PC. I've checked that my license is digital and the prompt Slmgr /dli shows that the license is retail. The question is: how do I transfer this license? Do I need to remove the current device from my Microsoft account or...
  4. How to transfer a Windows 10 digital license after an upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer Windows 10 upgrade digital license to Windows 11?

Transfer Windows 10 upgrade digital license to Windows 11?: I have a digital license for Windows 10 Home, which was upgraded from Windows 7 Home Retail. Can this license be transferred to a fresh Windows 11 installation on a new device?...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 upgrade digital license to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 upgrade digital license to Windows 11?: I have a digital license for Windows 10 Home, which was upgraded from Windows 7 Home Retail. Can this license be transferred to a fresh Windows 11 installation on a new device?...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 upgrade digital license to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Home -> Pro Upgrade License Transferability

Windows 10 Home -> Pro Upgrade License Transferability: Hello, I purchased an upgrade license from Home to Pro on my laptop. I recently purchased a new laptop that also came with Windows Home. Am I able to transfer the upgrade license from previous laptop to this new laptop? Thank you in advance for your help!...
  9. How to transfer license?

How to transfer license?: I purchased Windows 10 license last November for Parallels Desktop 15 it is a virtual machine.But I want to transfer the license to the real computer. I have Windows 10 product key. How can I transfer it?...
  10. windows 10 upgrade license transfer

windows 10 upgrade license transfer: I have a computer that I upgrade to windows 10 about 6 months ago. It has since died. I would like to transfer the license to another computer that has windows 7 on it. How do I transfer the license to the new computer?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded Windows 7 to 10 license transfer

2. can i transfer a window 10 license that was upgraded for free from windows 7

3. free upgrade to windows 10 transfer license