Windows 10: How to transfer big data from internal HDD laptop running to another?

Discus and support How to transfer big data from internal HDD laptop running to another? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to transfer large number of data from internal HDD of laptop running windows 10 to another, the most efficiently? Could someone guide me visually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by budi, Aug 1, 2019.

1. budi Win User

How to transfer big data from internal HDD laptop running to another?

How to transfer large number of data from internal HDD of laptop running windows 10 to another, the most efficiently?
    Could someone guide me visually in short yet very useful, helpful, detailed complete tutorial? And which connector / cable used to transfer between 2 internal hdd of such ?
    I think all the Laptop specs. are the most common ones as we usually find around us (quite cheap frankly), the HDD system is SATA.
    Thank you so much in advance.

:)

budi, Aug 1, 2019
  2. dan99t Win User

How do I transfer data from desktop to Laptop ?

Hi,

I am travelling & taking my desktop's 500 GB Hard Disk ( with data & OS ) with me. Once I reach my destination I will be buying a Laptop there & want to transfer the data from my desktop's HDD to Laptop's HDD.

Without an access to desktop there, how do I transfer data from my desktop's HDD to Laptop's HDD ?

Thanks

dan99t, Aug 1, 2019
  3. Data transfer

How can I transfer data (no programs or windows just setups and games)from one HDD to another please tell me all the steps, I have heard that in 2 sata if there is a window installed in both of them it could cause a problem. So, here is what I'm going to do so correct me if I'm wrong. both of them Are SATA WD

1 using XP CD going to delete the C partition in old HDD
    2 taking the HDD out
    4 partition the new HDD in new PC by using XP CD
    5 install Win 7
    6 connect the old HDD with SATA data and power cable
    7 check if it is detected in bios
    8 disk management initialize disk(i don't know if this is necessary)
    9 copy paste

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 1, 2019
  4. How to transfer big data from internal HDD laptop running to another?

USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

How to transfer big data from internal HDD laptop running to another?

1. How to transfer big data from internal HDD laptop running to another? - Similar Threads - transfer big data

2. Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed: Hello,I'm getting inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speeds. The speeds go up and down and sometime pauses at 0 mb/s for a few seconds. Never seen this before. Using Windows 11. I actually have a X670e motherboard. It was happening on this board and I thought it was the...
  3. Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed: Hello,I'm getting inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speeds. The speeds go up and down and sometime pauses at 0 mb/s for a few seconds. Never seen this before. Using Windows 11. I actually have a X670e motherboard. It was happening on this board and I thought it was the...
  4. Internal hdd data recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal hdd data recovery: Hello guyz,My laptops motherboard went bad so a technician took it out and put it into a case type thing that converts internal to external hdd. He also showed all the files and drives are opening. But now when I opened in my other laptop with win 11. It showed shortcut virus...
  5. Internal hdd data recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hdd data recovery: Hello guyz,My laptops motherboard went bad so a technician took it out and put it into a case type thing that converts internal to external hdd. He also showed all the files and drives are opening. But now when I opened in my other laptop with win 11. It showed shortcut virus...
  6. Data transfer from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data transfer from one computer to another: My husband and I have Lenovo laptops. I need to move his data to my laptop and my data to his laptop. Please help. Thank you Also, I think my computer was updated to windows 11 but when it was purchased, it had windows 10 on it....
  7. transfer data from 1 computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer data from 1 computer to another: I am currently trying to transfer data from one computer to another,,I copied items to a disc and put in new computer, but nothing happens,,,,,,what is going on,,, this use to be so easy...
  8. How to transfer all data from hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer all data from hard drive to another?: I am upgrading from hard drive to ssd, how can i transfer ALL my data/ files/ games? Do i just plug them both in and copy paste? submitted by /u/icantchoosename123 [link] [comments]...
  9. Transferring Data from one internal drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring Data from one internal drive to another: Hello, I want to get a new hard drive that is faster and has more storage, and I have one picked out. What I need help with is figuring out how I can transfer all of my current information to the new drive when I get it. I am looking for something like a 3rd party solution or...
  10. How to transfer data from one account to another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer data from one account to another?: When I first got my laptop I signed in on a old account. I stopped using the account a few months ago and decided to make a new one. Is there anyway to add the new account and delete the old one without deleting any off my files? I tryed making a local for now but when I sign...