Windows 10: How to transfer Contacts to new Win10 (Home) computer

Discus and support How to transfer Contacts to new Win10 (Home) computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Setting up a new computer (running Windows 10 Home) - it's replacing an older one running Windows 10 Pro. I simply CANNOT get the e-mail "contacts"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartinV_41, Mar 28, 2019.

1. How to transfer Contacts to new Win10 (Home) computer

Setting up a new computer (running Windows 10 Home) - it's replacing an older one running Windows 10 Pro. I simply CANNOT get the e-mail "contacts" copied over from the old one to the new one.

Here's the situation:
    The old computer is using "Windows Live Mail 2012" - the new one uses "Mail" or whatever it's called. The actual e-mail account is at Comcast.net. I have things set up on the new computer such that it seems to be working ok - I can send and receive e-mails using the "Mail" program.

Trying to figure out how to transfer the contacts from the old computer is extremely confusing. Apparently, I needed to create a "People" account. I don't understand this at all but I created an "Outlook" account. So, when I go to "outlook.live.com/people" it shows where I can import contacts. Now, I am assuming that when I do this, these contacts will show up in the "Mail" program.

So, I go to the old computer and "export" the contacts to a "csv" file. Copy the file over to the new computer and import it using the "+ Import contacts" link on the "outlook.live.com/people" page. And it does import the data. BUT, it doesn't put any of the data in the correct fields. The "name" field is empty; the the email address field is empty. In a couple of entries where there is a phone #, it appears in the correct field.

But there is something labeled "Notes" that DOES show the imported information.

And, most significantly, none of this information shows up in the "People" listing on the computer itself!

Can someone PLEASE explain to me what I need to do to get this set up and functioning?

:)

MartinV_41, Mar 28, 2019

2. transfer win10 to new computer

transfer win10 to new computer

dire_jeffrey, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Mar 28, 2019
  4. thesaint2 Win User

How to transfer Contacts to new Win10 (Home) computer

new contacts not useable

Thanks for your suggestions Ken. I tried them but I still cannot email new additions to my contacts list

thesaint2, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

How to transfer Contacts to new Win10 (Home) computer

1. How to transfer Contacts to new Win10 (Home) computer - Similar Threads - transfer Contacts Win10

2. how do I transfer people contacts from and old computer to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I transfer people contacts from and old computer to a new computer: I need to xfer people from a windows ten machine to a new windows 11 machine---how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-people-contacts-from-and-old/5ff2289b-454a-4e4b-b4ac-f55b3d16c8dc
  3. how do I transfer people contacts from and old computer to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I transfer people contacts from and old computer to a new computer: I need to xfer people from a windows ten machine to a new windows 11 machine---how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-people-contacts-from-and-old/5ff2289b-454a-4e4b-b4ac-f55b3d16c8dc
  4. transfer a Win10 Pro activation key to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer a Win10 Pro activation key to a new computer: I am replacing my old HP computer. Win10 Pro is an upgraded OS on this machine. I have a valid key for this OS that I would like to use with my new computer. I recently built a new machine for my wife. In the process of that I purchased a Win10 Pro disc with a separate key....
  5. Transfering Window 10 Home to a new computer

Transfering Window 10 Home to a new computer: I am purchasing a new computer. I plan to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home and transfer my activation from my old computer. What is the best way to accomplish this?...
  6. transfer win10 to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer win10 to new computer: transfer win10 to new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-win10-to-new-computer/5d98604f-940f-473b-8ca4-97ad5e185528
  7. Transfer contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer contacts: I have been trying to move my contacts from my nokia 640 lte to an iPhone 6s, I am just going round in circles now, somehow I appear to have got a whole load of contacts from so long ago they are mostly irrelevant now, these have obviously been transferred from some cloud or...
  8. How to Upgrade new computer from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro, and what is cost?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Upgrade new computer from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro, and what is cost?: I purchased a new computer, still in the box. It has Win10 Hone 64 bit installed. Ho do I upgrade it to Win 10 Pro? How much will it cost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-new-computer-from-win10-home-to/ce1297f1-f6fb-4ff9-821c-26ede54256d8
  9. Transfer Contacts from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer Contacts from Win7 to Win10: My compuiter was running "Windows Live Mail" under Win7 quite(?) happily. Then Microsoft persuaded me to upgrade to Win10, which aslo ran quite(?) happily until last December.Then things went pear-shaped. The upshot was, I went out & bought a new computer, running Win10. I...
  10. Transfer licence to new motherboard Win10 Home AV

Transfer licence to new motherboard Win10 Home AV: Hello can you please tell me if it is possible to transfer my Windows 10 Home OEM (anniversary update) licence that i got by upgrading from Windows 8.1 Home OEM to a new PC, that is, i just want to upgrade my motherboard and cpu, ssd because of poor perfomance? Can I use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. contacts software win10

2. win10 limport contacts from file