Windows 10: How to transfer files between computers at home over bluetooth or wifi?

Discus and support How to transfer files between computers at home over bluetooth or wifi? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Apple has airdrop. It's so simple. I'm relatively tech-savvy. I have a PC for work reasons. Two in fact...a laptop and a PC. Now, I'm at home because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eyesofthestorm, Jul 6, 2020.

1. How to transfer files between computers at home over bluetooth or wifi?

Apple has airdrop. It's so simple. I'm relatively tech-savvy. I have a PC for work reasons. Two in fact...a laptop and a PC. Now, I'm at home because of this covid and want to transfer files from my laptop to my PC. 19GB worth. I don't have an ethernet cable. How do I "airdrop" files on windows 10?

Why is everything windows so difficult??? Stop

submitted by /u/Eyesofthestorm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eyesofthestorm, Jul 6, 2020
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jul 6, 2020
  3. NotBobNot Win User
    Windows 10 and bluetooth file transfer from phone

Concerning the tedious nature of sending one file at a time between an Android phone and Win10...

It's still annoying (and not pleasantly workable like Win7), however I have figured out a way to send more than one file at a time. (This assumes you are already paired up between devices, and you already know how to transfer a single file.)

For Android, from the Play store, download an improved file manager, like File Commander (or another one that allows multiple file selections.)

• In File Commander, from the Home screen, go to Pictures (or wherever the files are)
    • Once you have a list of files, press on a file you want to transfer, and hold... until the background turns gray. It is now selected, and will remain selected.
    • Now press on another file you want to transfer, hold, etc, like the step above.
    • Repeat the previous step as many times as you want to select more files. (I've successfully done 20 files at one time. There may be some limit on either the sending or receiving side.)
    Once you have all of your files selected, set your Win10 computer to receive a bluetooth transfer.

Going back to the Android phone... In File Commander, press the triple-dot menu, then share, then bluetooth, and select your Win10 computer

All of the files will transfer in one shot. You still need to confirm the location of the files in Win10 once the transfer is complete, but you have multiple files transferred at one time. It helps.

NotBobNot, Jul 6, 2020
  4. LyleClugg Win User

How to transfer files between computers at home over bluetooth or wifi?

Transfer files between computers without homegroup

I'm trying to transfer files between our two home computers. They both have the April 2018 Windows 10 update, so Homegroup is no longer available. The instructions I've found say that I should be able to share files to nearby computers. I've set up both
    computers to share with everyone nearby, but when I try to share the files, the other computer doesn't show up in the list of devices. The instructions said that I should be able to use Wi-Fi (they don't have Bluetooth).

Is there something else I need to do to make the other computer visible? They are both on an ethernet network.

LyleClugg, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

How to transfer files between computers at home over bluetooth or wifi?

1. How to transfer files between computers at home over bluetooth or wifi? - Similar Threads - transfer files between

2. Transferring a Windows 10 Home Licence between computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a Windows 10 Home Licence between computers: i got a preinstalled version of Windows 8 on my Lenovo Yoda 3 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Home. Now the Lenovo is not working and I want to transfer the Windows 10 Licence to my Windows 10 on Parallels for Mac. What do I do?...
  3. can't transfer files between laptop and phone over BT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't transfer files between laptop and phone over BT: Hi friends. I'm having issue transferring files between my old Toshiba L750-1N3 and Note 10 plus. I paired the phone with laptop and when I click on pics on phone and click on bluetooth icon phone recognizes the laptop but when I chose it I get an "error transfering files"....
  4. How to transfer files between Virtual Machine and Host Computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer files between Virtual Machine and Host Computer: When you run a Virtual Machine, many times you require to transfer files between your host computer and the VM. But many users reported that they are unable to do this. This article guides you on how to transfer files between a Virtual Machine and a host computer. [ATTACH]...
  5. Transferring Files over Bluetooth

Transferring Files over Bluetooth: The option to Send/Receive files over Bluetooth is in a somewhat obscure place -as in, there is not place "front and centre" where the option can be selected. Is there any way one can add a desktop shortcut to get to the send/receive option? Regard, Tim...
  6. How to transfer files between 2 OS's on same computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer files between 2 OS's on same computer: I have recently installed Windows 10 64bit onto a new HD and i was trying to copy files from my old 32bit HD onto it. I have tried two different methods. First starting on the new drive. I access the old drive and simply attempt a copy paste. However i am never even able to...
  7. How to share files between two computers over the network?

How to share files between two computers over the network?: What is Network permissions, I am trying to connect two computers together over the network and receive this message unable to connect ,to ... see your network adiministrator for network permission. ***Modified title from: Networkimg , permission ***...
  8. How to sync files between home computers?

How to sync files between home computers?: I have two computers at home, they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Is there a way to automatically sync files between these two computers? I want to continue the work with the file I started on the other machine....
  9. transfer files between computers on a home network

transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  10. transfer files between computers on a home network

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...