Windows 10: How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another.

Discus and support How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I am going to log out of the microsoft account I am on right now and I am going to log into another account, I wanted to know how to send all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnonymoosHippo, Aug 5, 2020.

1. How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another.

Hello! I am going to log out of the microsoft account I am on right now and I am going to log into another account, I wanted to know how to send all my files and folders and apps to my other account. I have seen many people ask how to do this but all the questions and replies we're 4 to 5 years old so I would like a modern version of how to transfer files and folders and apps from one account to another with simple instructions.

:)

AnonymoosHippo, Aug 5, 2020

2. transfer settings and files from one user account to another in windows 10

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Can you please confirm what is the current build installed on the computer?

• You can directly transfer files/folders to one account to another account by copying files and pasting in the destination account.
    Use Windows Explorer to navigate to C:\Users to the account you want to COPY - Right Click on the Folders (and/or files) and COPY - go to the other account and PASTE where you want to put them. Repeat as needed. Do not delete
    the folders and files from the account they are in until you are sure they are duplicated where you need them.

If the issue persists, Check to see if it works by converting the Microsoft Account to Local and then back to Microsoft Account. Here`s how:

• Go to Settings from the
      Start
      Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click
      Sign in with a Local Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out
      and Sign in.
    • Then convert back to Microsoft Account.
    To connect back to the Microsoft Account, you will perform similar steps:

• Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click Sign in with a
      Microsoft Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out
      and Sign in.
    • Your account should now be connected again.
    You can also use Windows easy transfer method to transfer files between accounts.

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Transferring files to another folder. Speed issue.

I run a 500GB WD Velociraptor as my C drive and I have a standard 7200rpm 500GB HDD as my storage (D drive). I'm only getting about 15mb/s right now transferring files/folders to another folder or transferring from C drive to D. Why is the WD HDD so slow? Am I missing something? *Confused How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another. :confused:

Go To Sleep, Aug 5, 2020
  4. How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another.

How to transfer files and programs from one user to another on Windows 10

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for posting back.

Try the following steps to move file from one user account to another.

• Since, you have admin privileges, you can access all the folders and files on the computer.
    • Press Windows Key + E and go to C:\Users.
    • Click on the Account that you want to copy the files from.
    • Right click on the Folders (and/or files) and click on copy.
    • Now, go to the new user account folder and paste it. Repeat the steps a needed.

Hope this helps you. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another.

1. How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another. - Similar Threads - transfer files folders

2. how to transfer files from an account to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to transfer files from an account to another: What i want to do is transfer everything i have on an account to another like my files my programs my data just everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-files-from-an-account-to-another/9761b000-27d0-4392-aaa9-2d35a363c0d7
  3. how to transfer files from an account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer files from an account to another: What i want to do is transfer everything i have on an account to another like my files my programs my data just everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-files-from-an-account-to-another/9761b000-27d0-4392-aaa9-2d35a363c0d7
  4. how to transfer files from an account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer a bought app on one account to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a bought app on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  6. Transfer a bought app on one account to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer a bought app on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  7. Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.

Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.: Hi! I recently changed my microsoft account, and I want to transfer all the files from the old onedrive account. I know there is a transfer flow available, but for some reason it doesn't work. Whenever I try to use it, I receive the following error message. Is there...
  8. How to transfer data from one account to another?

How to transfer data from one account to another?: When I first got my laptop I signed in on a old account. I stopped using the account a few months ago and decided to make a new one. Is there anyway to add the new account and delete the old one without deleting any off my files? I tryed making a local for now but when I sign...
  9. Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another

Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another: This seems to be my month to contact Microsoft. So glad you're here to answer questions. Is it possible to transfer files from one Microsoft account to another? I prefer to have to handle only one account, but circumstances made it necessary to create a new account with an...
  10. How to transfer everything from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer everything from one account to another: I have new account to use. So I want to create new account to Microsoft store but still keep the data and progress of games. How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-everything-from-one-account-to/1ce45dec-e5d6-4d93-907c-0631c7086be0